Any FlowCommander Hold Outs Left?

Not after the install of the FCR41.

After seeing your dyno run with air/fuel ratio, I went out and drilled 5/16 holes through the metering galleries of the FC. Then ground down the tips of the adjustment screws, rendering the FC useless, and installed the proper air jets

Had to rejet to a 48 pilot, 1 5/8 out on the fuel screw :excuseme:

Increased the main to 175 :excuseme:

And picked up about 5 mph on the top end :busted:

Kinda... like ... you said it should be ?

So if you have one, or are thinking of buying one.... don't

O well :banghead: It makes a pretty blue bling bling $$$ carb adapter.

On the 39, the idle mixture adjust helped when changing the exhaust back and forth, or with large changes in elevation. Stock exhaust off road and yosh ti in sm mode.

On the 41, I couldn't get the pilot small enough.#42 was still rich, and the main jet had no "feel". #162 to #182 no change in response or top end.

If you compare the metering holes in the FC, they're not much bigger than the air jets you use. I was really surprised it took such a dump on the 41. I'd been trying to blame the carb.

The idle air adjust is a sound idea, but to make it work, with accuracy :excuseme:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Not after the install of the FCR41.

After seeing your dyno run with air/fuel ratio, I went out and drilled 5/16 holes through the metering galleries of the FC. Then ground down the tips of the adjustment screws, rendering the FC useless, and installed the proper air jets

Had to rejet to a 48 pilot, 1 5/8 out on the fuel screw B)

Increased the main to 175 :busted:

And picked up about 5 mph on the top end :D

Kinda... like ... you said it should be ?

So if you have one, or are thinking of buying one.... don't

O well ? It makes a pretty blue bling bling $$$ carb adapter.

If a guy was to pickup a DR Z with this Flo Commander installed already is this a fairly low cost deal to render useless? Does previous installation of this useless item cause any damage to the FCR carb that cant be remedied with a few jets and what not? Old thread I know but that is what the search function is for! The guy doesnt know if its a 39mm or a 41mm either if that matters.