2005 TC450 what are my choices for an exhaust with a spark arrestor?

I need a spark arrestor for my '05 TC450. I am looking for a light weight slip-on or full exhaust system that will have some type of USFS approved spark arrestor option. I am mostly concerned about the weight, and size (the stock TE450 spark arrestor is too big/long, and too heavy). I am currently running the stock TC/motocross off road muffler (the one that does not have a spark arrestor).

Also, I have done many searches (including here on this site) for the various 'big name' exhaust companies, and I have not had much luck. Some of the 'big names' sell systems for all different years except one that will fit my bike, or they don't list a pipe for Huskies at all, yet I have seen people with the same 'big name' pipes on their bikes. Many of the sites do not seem up to date with the '04 and newer Husky products. Anyway..., if you have an idea for a certain brand spark arrestor muffler or complete system, let me know, and let me know where I can actually get one as well (website). Thanks! -Todd

husqvarna_TC450_3718.jpg

triple double you.leovince dot com

I know this shows a 06' but the fit should be the same. Comes w/ SA-96db insert.....thing is I dont think they offer just the muffler.

Do you need it just for racing or for riding in an area where they may check for the USFS approved stamp?

I just use my TC's for racing in the desert and any riding I do is pretty much limited to MX tracks so I don't have a worry about the USFS stamp. At the desert races they just check for the spark arrest. so what I have done is yanked apart the TE can and placed the cap on the TC can with the cap from the TE can. This actually started when I cart wheeled the bike in a race with the TE can on it and smashed it all to he!! and decided it was easier and cheaper to just replace the cap then the entire pipe. I have done this on both my TC's now.

I've got the Leo Vince can + tail section unit. I'd recommend it until recently mine broke at the mid-section mount. I bought this in December last year and they will not fix / replace it because it is out of warranty. I mounted it as per instructions and the thing broke after appx 6 months use. Now its a boat anchor for me because I don't weld. Of course I could take it to a welder but I'll be more satisfied by bad mouthing the Mfgr with this kind of service.

Jerry

I believe Uptite has what you're looking for.

Does anyone have a photo of the Uptite pipe? I cannot find a picture of it anywhere. -Todd

I believe coffee did a post on here not to long ago on the Akrapovic system. I've run their stuff on past bikes and have really liked it. Leo Vince as mentioned before and I believe FMF also has one for the Husky. You may check Fast by Feracci as well. I'm sure the uptite unit is nice, but sorry I don't have pics.

I need a spark arrestor for my '05 TC450. I am looking for a light weight slip-on or full exhaust system that will have some type of USFS approved spark arrestor option. I am mostly concerned about the weight, and size (the stock TE450 spark arrestor is too big/long, and too heavy). I am currently running the stock TC/motocross off road muffler (the one that does not have a spark arrestor).

Also, I have done many searches (including here on this site) for the various 'big name' exhaust companies, and I have not had much luck. Some of the 'big names' sell systems for all different years except one that will fit my bike, or they don't list a pipe for Huskies at all, yet I have seen people with the same 'big name' pipes on their bikes. Many of the sites do not seem up to date with the '04 and newer Husky products. Anyway..., if you have an idea for a certain brand spark arrestor muffler or complete system, let me know, and let me know where I can actually get one as well (website). Thanks! -Todd

I have a '05 TC 450 and have the Procircuit Ti-4 Titanium slip on with Pro Circuit Ti-4 mid pipe.$549 when I bought it but I think it is a little cheaper now. it is USFS Spark arrested and a 96 decible tip can also be purchased for an additonal $49 if you are worried about that. It is also shorter and more compact thatn the Husky cans. Fit up was perfect........I use it mainly for GP / motocross but ride open desert and baja with it as well.

Thier phone number here in Corona is 951 738 8050. I would reccomend calling them for current pricing as their literature is somewhat light as far a Husky goes. This can/pipe is specific for '05 and '06.

I love what I did for my bike above and beyond what the open Husky TI race can did. It has a little more low end, a dramatic mid range improvement and the top still screams.

HERE IS THE BEST PICTURE OF IT THAT I HAVE HERE AT WORK...

Rockseattires.jpg

hOPE THIS HELPS..... T

husqvarna_TC450_3718.jpg

triple double you.leovince dot com

I know this shows a 06' but the fit should be the same. Comes w/ SA-96db insert.....thing is I dont think they offer just the muffler.

Nice looking Bike!

There's a Leo on E-Bay right now, Brand New one! The Buy it now was CHEAP too! It looks like the one in the Pics there..........