lower gear power

I have a stock 150r when I start riding in 2nd then shift up to 3rd when I shift down to second again it seems some of its power is gone is it because of any stock part on it or an adjustment I need to make?

Two things: First, are you just coming off a 2 stroke? If so, you are probably mistaking the feel of engine braking for a loss of power. If you are using your clutch to make the downshift, then stop - that's not needed on a 4 stroke. Just stomp the shift lever down to second and get on the throttle - your RPM's will return in a snap and your little red rocket will blast out of that corner. Second, is your jetting correct for your altitude and temperature? Improper jetting can cause a bog when you whack the throttle like after a downshift. Search this forum for many great tips on getting your jetting right and be certain to do the AP mod that is documented here.

Two things: First, are you just coming off a 2 stroke? If so, you are probably mistaking the feel of engine braking for a loss of power. If you are using your clutch to make the downshift, then stop - that's not needed on a 4 stroke. Just stomp the shift lever down to second and get on the throttle - your RPM's will return in a snap and your little red rocket will blast out of that corner. Second, is your jetting correct for your altitude and temperature? Improper jetting can cause a bog when you whack the throttle like after a downshift. Search this forum for many great tips on getting your jetting right and be certain to do the AP mod that is documented here.

hold on. if you dont use your clutch shifting either direction you WILL screw something up. especially down shifting because instead of easing the clutch out and letting the rpms climb gradually the engine instatly jumps up several thousand rpms. if you dont use the clutch you are just asking for something to screw up.

I have a stock 150r when I start riding in 2nd then shift up to 3rd when I shift down to second again it seems some of its power is gone is it because of any stock part on it or an adjustment I need to make?

Agree with above ... start with simple jetting. Drop in a 42 or 45 pilot and see what the effects are . These jets will only cost you a few bucks ($5 each) ... might fix your problem.

Other suggestion may be gearing. If your a 2 smoker, your always running in the powerband for shifting, whereas you MAY be missing it on the downshift (or the engine is going back to a much lower RPM than your 2 smoker used to). 2 strokes will generally maintain higher RPM on downshifts than 4.

You can try to go up a couple teeth in the rear sprocket and this may (stress may) help, as it would allow for more torque (hence feeling of power) at lower engine RPM.

hold on. if you dont use your clutch shifting either direction you WILL screw something up. especially down shifting because instead of easing the clutch out and letting the rpms climb gradually the engine instatly jumps up several thousand rpms. if you dont use the clutch you are just asking for something to screw up.

Huh? Do you really ride a racing 4 stroke? Clutching on downshift is not required.

I have not heard that before. Any other input on dwon shifting?