Powercore 4 vs Powercore Ti

Please help I am connfussed on what I just purchased? I ment to order the powercore 4 but I ordered the ti on accident. Does anyone have a good comparison between the two. Will I be disapointed with the Ti or is it better?

I am pretty sure it is the same pipe, just different material.

FMF use thin Ti so you might be dissapointed when it dents.

Ok, so I think I got the powercore 4 Ti? I am confussed. I was looking at the powercore 4 cause of the low end gain? Well I guess its a good pipe for the price and it has to be better then the stock WR pipe (with mods) Should I return it or will I be satisfied?

You will be absolutely startled with the power gains!!!

Expect a TON more bottom end, more mid, and more top end with extended over rev.

Stock WR pipes (any model) are crap for power.

the ti powercore is a race pipe with a spark arrestor, a great bang for your buck kinda thing that gives decent power gains

the powercore 4 is an anemic, choked up pipe...the ti is way better

+1 on the Ti. Good mistake, erm, choice! :thumbsup:

Since you mentioned WR, I assume that you will be using the bike off-road rather than on a track. If that's the case, you should seriously consider buying a quiet insert for the pipe. It will reduce low end, but the Powercore is a very loud pipe. It will not only annoy others, it will damage your hearing. Even with the quiet insert it will give a nice gain over the stock pipe and it will still be loud, just not incredibly loud.

Since you mentioned WR, I assume that you will be using the bike off-road rather than on a track. If that's the case, you should seriously consider buying a quiet insert for the pipe. It will reduce low end, but the Powercore is a very loud pipe. It will not only annoy others, it will damage your hearing. Even with the quiet insert it will give a nice gain over the stock pipe and it will still be loud, just not incredibly loud.

Slodad- I personally do not consider the Powercore Ti a "loud" pipe. I recently participated in a local race where I had to have my bike dB tested, and I was below the max of 99dBa, and I don't consider 99dba and lower "loud." It's definitely not quiet, but it's much better than some of the other pipes out there.

I do also have the quiet insert for woods & trail riding & it does make a nice reduction in sound, in addition to having the requisite spark arrestor.

I heartily recommend this pipe! :prof:

the ti powercore is a race pipe with a spark arrestor, a great bang for your buck kinda thing that gives decent power gains

the powercore 4 is an anemic, choked up pipe...the ti is way better

Ummmmmmmmm sh*t!!, I called TT today and switched the order to the PC4. I read a bunch of stuff on this forum that said the 4 was the way to go and the ti was basicly a YZF muffler with a sparky. :crazy: I guess thats what I get for believing everything I read. Well I guess I should have asked someone I know or something. The pipe is shiped and I guess I will see how it is. If it is "anemic" I am going to sell my bike and get a two stroke.:cry:

Just kidding.

Ummmmmmmmm sh*t!!, I called TT today and switched the order to the PC4. I read a bunch of stuff on this forum that said the 4 was the way to go and the ti was basicly a YZF muffler with a sparky. :crazy: I guess thats what I get for believing everything I read. Well I guess I should have asked someone I know or something. The pipe is shiped and I guess I will see how it is. If it is "anemic" I am going to sell my bike and get a two stroke.:cry:

Just kidding.

well what's done is done...:cry:

being an fmf pipe it should still give a decent gain, just not as good as the ti powercore :thumbsup:

I just don't understand how some folks say this pipe is awsome and that pipe sucks and a few threads latter the "results" are exactly opposite. Is this a ford chevy thing? I can kinda see how it is however there is a huge difference between anemic and a ton of low end torque. I would have hopped people would put there biased (since I have a DR D then all other pipes are garbage) aside and give actually give a honest review of the pipe they have just purchased. IF this pipe turns out to suck then I will review it (after proper jetting) horibly. If it is good then I will say it is good. Its just too bad that everyone eles cant do that. We, as a community, need to realize that people make huge purchase decisions on what we type. If this pipe is bad then the guy who said it rocked cheated me. Sorry for the rant but we have some responcibility here.

happy trails, rubber side down, keep it on one wheel ( unless you have crappy exhaust and cant wheelie) kiddin it cant be worst then stock wr exhaust.......... I hope :)

I just don't understand how some folks say this pipe is awsome and that pipe sucks and a few threads latter the "results" are exactly opposite. ....

I can't speak to how the Powercore4 compares to a stock WR pipe. My '02 YZ250F came with the PC4 and it was horribly loud. The power was great, with lots of midrange and good top end. I called FMF to see if the quiet insert would get it down to 96db and was told that it would get it down just below 100, but not to 96. I purchased a FMF Q because it was supposed to be forest service legal at 96db and it is certainly quieter than the Powercore was. Unfortunately, it has noticeably less midrange, although the topend is at least as good. It is also heavier by what feels like a couple of pounds and it is a few inches longer.

My son had a FMF Ti4.1 with quiet insert on his '02 YZ250F and it was louder than my Q, but not as loud as the Powercore. My totally subjective observation was that it was closer to the Q in volume than it was to the Powercore, but it was still loud. With that combination, his bike had more midrange than mine with the Q, but not as much as mine with the Powercore. My top end with the Q was at least equal to his, and possibly greater. The Ti4 was incredibly light and compact.

dirtbeater- i dont think there's much of a difference between the powercore 4 and ti powercore. the only differences i know of are the material (aluminum vs. titanium), weight (the difference is probably less than 1 pound), and maybe the shape and size. they both offer similar power gains, if not the same because both have straight-through cores. they both come with spark arrestors and you can adjust the sound with different inserts and end caps. the PC4 is more durable because it's aluminum....and its cheaper

dirtbeater- i dont think there's much of a difference between the powercore 4 and ti powercore. the only differences i know of are the material (aluminum vs. titanium), weight (the difference is probably less than 1 pound), and maybe the shape and size. they both offer similar power gains, if not the same because both have straight-through cores. they both come with spark arrestors and you can adjust the sound with different inserts and end caps. the PC4 is more durable because it's aluminum....and its cheaper

Thanks for more info guys. Sorry about the rant. Turns out the ti was 3 cents more. O-well. Thanks for all the info from everyone.