Picking up my new 05 250 Saturday!

So its time for another bike... i have been riding an 02 250F for the past four years and loved every bit of it - But I think its time for something a little more exciting. I came off an 01 YZ125 before I got my 250F and have had a premix craving ever since I left...So saturday Ill be picking up my new left-over 05 250!

I was wondering how good the jetting is stock. I'm in Central Florida... I figured I'd probably need to drop the pilot one or two... seems a little rich for here... Maybe the needle?

Do you guys run a hotter plug? If so which one?

I wish I could of gotten an 06 - but definitley cannot pass up the deal I'm getting on this left over 05!

Welcome back to FUN. Can't advise on the 05 model. Enjoy!

So its time for another bike... i have been riding an 02 250F for the past four years and loved every bit of it - But I think its time for something a little more exciting. I came off an 01 YZ125 before I got my 250F and have had a premix craving ever since I left...So saturday Ill be picking up my new left-over 05 250!

I was wondering how good the jetting is stock. I'm in Central Florida... I figured I'd probably need to drop the pilot one or two... seems a little rich for here... Maybe the needle?

Do you guys run a hotter plug? If so which one?

I wish I could of gotten an 06 - but definitley cannot pass up the deal I'm getting on this left over 05!

if you still have time, settle for the '06 YZ250, mate :thumbsup: engine- and suspension-wise it's better than its predecessors... do yourself a favor, man...forget that '05 :ride:

you must be overly anxious like me during these seemingly endless days before the bike arrives... i just can't friggin wait 'til i get my hands on my '06 YZ250 and post pics of it in the sticky thread! :lol:

engine- and suspension-wise it's better than its predecessors...

dude...you are too yamaha-biased....All your posts are about how great Yamaha's are. All of the bikes for the most part are equal now.

dude...you are too yamaha-biased....All your posts are about how great Yamaha's are. All of the bikes for the most part are equal now.

you must be a zuk guy then, for giving that remark! :bonk::smirk:

don't blame me, blame yamaha for being the best 2-stroke bike out there, plus 10 years running :thumbsup:.... yamaha is the root-cause :lol:

btw, RM's and KX's engines got better because they blue-printed the YZ 2T powerplant... :ride:

That was virtually the same switch I made of the 250f, but I scored an 06. Congrats on the bike.

you must be a zuk guy then, for giving that remark! :bonk::smirk:

don't blame me, blame yamaha for being the best 2-stroke bike out there, plus 10 years running :thumbsup:.... yamaha is the root-cause :lol:

btw, RM's and KX's engines got better because they blue-printed the YZ 2T powerplant... :ride:

lol...don't worry I was a yamaha guy about 1 week ago.

But correct if I'm wrong but don't YZ's not turn as good as a RM? And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't races won and lost in corners?:p

Whatever. I've owned a RM KX and a YZ. There's a reason I kept the YZ.

Whatever. I've owned a RM KX and a YZ. There's a reason I kept the YZ.

Because its plated....:excuseme:

if you still have time, settle for the '06 YZ250, mate :thumbsup: engine- and suspension-wise it's better than its predecessors... do yourself a favor, man...forget that '05 :ride:

you must be overly anxious like me during these seemingly endless days before the bike arrives... i just can't friggin wait 'til i get my hands on my '06 YZ250 and post pics of it in the sticky thread! :lol:

i wouldnt be too worried about the differences in the 05 and 06. the motor isnt that much different, and the only real difference in the bikes. if you ride it hard enough to notice the differences in the 05 and 06 suspension, youll need a revalve anyways, which eliminates the advantage of the 06 set up anyways. have fun with it man. I know i love mine.

Because its plated....:excuseme:

Actually, I got all three of them plated. I just liked the snappy snappy motor of the YZ and felt it had the most low end grunt too. Third gear wheelies are fun too (I weigh 250 lbs. so a wheelie at that speed is sorta original) Also, handling is great but I will say the RM also handled good too. The RM just didn't have the motor of my YZ.

the 05 yz is a great bike, i keep hearing people say the 05 sucks compared to the 06,07. i've ridden all three and as far as motors go they are all great, they each have minutely different power charactaristics, but are very similair! the only real difference is the front forks and the 06 and up are better than the 05, but that does'nt mean the 05's are bad, anyhow i'll take reworked 05 forks from a good suspension shop, over any stock 06 ,any day.which if you are really serious about raceing you are getting suspension work done anyways.

lol...don't worry I was a yamaha guy about 1 week ago.

But correct if I'm wrong but don't YZ's not turn as good as a RM? And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't races won and lost in corners?:p

this is what everybody say, mate, RM's turn better than YZ's.... but is that all to be proud of? :smirk:

gee, at any given time my YZ125 shames my friends' RM125's in tight uphills :thumbsup:

no wonder why zuk blue-printed the YZ and YZF powerplants (look closely at the engines :smirk:)... and just like you and other zuk guys as well, couldn't help it but to buy YZ's for yourselves...hurrah!!! :lol:

by the way, i don't need turning prowess taking precedence over engine power since i ride strictly trails :ride: