tire changers

I see these tire changers on ebay for like $100US. Are they worth it? I am tired of paying 50 to have a tire and tube put on.

just pick up some motion pro tire irons off of TT for $25 and build yourself a right angled triangle out of a couple of 4x4 or so pieces of wood to put the tire on... You want it so the brake rotor or sprocket will fit on the inside nicely and the rim will sit on the outside... I have that setup minus the motion pro tire irons right now, works great...

Next step for me is to get the MP tire irons :ride:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_158049

I see these tire changers on ebay for like $100US. Are they worth it? I am tired of paying 50 to have a tire and tube put on.

$50!!! Wow! That's way too much for a tire installation. Get yourself a good quality tire changing stand and learn to do it yourself. Dont' do it to save money. Do it because changing your own tire is a really good skill to have.

I got my stand from Mikes Racing. It's really well built; fully adjustable; and you can anchor it to the ground if you want (I never did and it work just fine)

http://www.mikesracingproducts.com/mrp_web_site_002.htm

$50!!! Wow! That's way too much for a tire installation. Get yourself a good quality tire changing stand and learn to do it yourself. Dont' do it to save money. Do it because changing your own tire is a really good skill to have.

I got my stand from Mikes Racing. It's really well built; fully adjustable; and you can anchor it to the ground if you want (I never did and it work just fine)

http://www.mikesracingproducts.com/mrp_web_site_002.htm

I'm w/ xrmarty - if you change enough tires, the MRP is a must have; keeps you off the ground and working in a very comfortable postion, fully adjustable, etc. :thumbsup:

Thanks. That looked too easy.

Oh, I think the 50US included balancing, which I probably don't need, but I am about 50% street.

Thanks. That looked too easy.

yeah... I don't know about that rear he uses - looks way to pliable. Mine sure ain't!!! :smashpc:

I'm w/ xrmarty - if you change enough tires, the MRP is a must have; keeps you off the ground and working in a very comfortable postion, fully adjustable, etc. :thumbsup:

x3 the MRP is awesome

dude your getting ripped off hardcore. 50 bucks is too much, not to mention that mx and street tires dont need balancing. Atleast not on a dirtbike.

dude your getting ripped off hardcore. 50 bucks is too much, not to mention that mx and street tires dont need balancing. Atleast not on a dirtbike.

When he says "balancing" I think he meant "truing".

In addition to Honda 250f riders comments, add one vise tong to compress rubber. It really helps.

I've always done my tires on a piece of old carpet on the ground. I can change a 19" rear in 6-8 minutes. Fronts are even faster. I use a small, medium and large tire iron and it's all technique.