Lighthouse surf/riding Run

I am looking for some good people to hit baja with in the window between Aug. 24 to Sep. 3, I ride a Honda 450x and surf. I plan on starting out at a spot called Lighthouse that is just coastal from Santo Tomas below Ensenada.

It is an amazing spot...predominantly offshore, right point break, and flat rock-shelf bottom. The wave can be awesome. The spot also has miles of riding trail in a pretty desolate coastal area of baja. Once at Lighthouse, Punta San Jose, camping is $5 bucks a guy per night if "Victor" hasn't raised his prices since I was there last summer.

All my good friends have either gotten married or don't ride and I am really looking for some bros who would like to go. I am 32 years old, have been surfing for over 12 years and have alot of experience with baja. I really would like to get a good crew of guys together and go. I don't like taking stupid chances and want to return alive so a selective choice will be made. But, I can't get enough of baja and need to hit it. Hell, I could even be convinced to drive :)

just throwin it out there..

PS. I live in Newport Beach, 3 hours from the border

I might be down. Only problem is I don't own a surfboard and I suck at surfing.

Hey-- I pm'd you- check it.

Surfing and riding-- what a great combo.

My idea was to drive down to Richard's place in Quatros Casas. Post up there at his hostel-- all our gear and vehicles will be safe-i think. If the surf is good we can get some waves in the morning. Have some chorozio-- then ride...>>

We could roll up to Mike's for the night or just do day trips. San Feplipe could be in the mix...> It depends on the swell and what people want to do.

Quatras is a south swell break and I think it needs a good sized swell. We can watch surfline and try to time it or just go and only ride if it is flat....

Either way is good by me.

Anyone else down?

Mark

Man you guys are killing me, this sounds like a dream trip. I've surfed plenty in northern Baja, but never been able to put together a riding/surf trip. A torn MCL is putting a damper on things, maybe someday a trip like this will be possible for me. If you put it together, have a great time!

I would love to do something like this but the proposed timeframe may not work for me. Can you imagine some nice hurricane swell for the early session then ride till dark. Any flexibility on the timeframe of this mission? Weekend of the 18th potentially. If not no worries maybe next time.

We (10 of us) did similar a few weeks back. Started in the North, rode for 5 days including 2 days at Quatros. A great time.

I think my wife, son (7), and i will drive to Quatros next week, stay a couple nights, and do a night out someplace else, maybe the Mill or Cals.

Leave the truck at Quatros and ride with packs. The little guy would love it - riding, skate pool, beach, waves....

My idea was to drive down to Richard's place in Quatros Casas. Post up there at his hostel-- all our gear and vehicles will be safe-i think.

Richards is a pretty safe place. I have been down there countless times and never had a problem. Richard keeps a pretty good eye on who's around. Just got back from Quatros 2 weeks ago I cant wait to go back.

I'm in for a Richard's run. That place is bad***. I will go anytime somebody else wants to go. Midweek or weekend... But I need my suspension back first!!!!

I have a trailer next to the hostel and will be down the this Wed to Mon...

Stop by for a beer and bbq if your in the barrio! No surf predicted so lots of time to ride.

Send a message if you're interested in buying a share of the trailer, great place to beat the summer heat and red sticker year round!

I wouldn't really recommend Victor's bluff for surfing/riding unless you only plan on staying locally in that area. I have done that for a couple 500s that went close by there. Surfed in the morning, IF the tide was right and then watched the race at 'the T'. If you are going any distance on your bikes for an over night trip, that is a crappy place because of the fact there is no water,etc. The road out there is destroyed from the races, so it takes A LONG time with loaded vehicles. Better to stage at a more accessible location, in my opinion.

Punta SJ, really good on a low tide and good NW swell. terrible place to camp due to wind, really strong off shore wind. i like to stage at either CC or at punta cabras, nice camping and walking around on the beaches for the ladies. sounds like a fun time to me but unfortunatly my truck is not baja ready right now, just got back from 2 months in san jaunico, snapped a coil over spring which was welded back together by Antonio Camacho and my core support is gone, needs to be replaced with tubing and engine cage...

sorry for the novel but i am excited about riding/surfing/fishing baja:D

Mike

just got back from 2 months in san jaunico

:foul:

Organize a chase and radio communciation. Start ST and ride south. Pick your spot; radio your chase and have your boards delivered. Grab a few, have some lunch and get back on your bikes to your night spot. 2,3,4 days scouting by bike and calling in the chase with boards= Ride& Surf. All the way to the San Q spit you can organize hotels, food, etc.

If enough guys are in it could be a great trip. Everyone pools their cash; the chase handles food, gas, etc.

Blah,Blah, Blah.:blah:

:foul:

:D good to be a teacher sometimes

Organize a chase and radio communciation. Start ST and ride south. Pick your spot; radio your chase and have your boards delivered. Grab a few, have some lunch and get back on your bikes to your night spot. 2,3,4 days scouting by bike and calling in the chase with boards= Ride& Surf. All the way to the San Q spit you can organize hotels, food, etc.

If enough guys are in it could be a great trip. Everyone pools their cash; the chase handles food, gas, etc.

Blah,Blah, Blah.:blah:

that is a great way to do it if it is a tight group of friends but i have found that when riding baja with strangers its often best to day trip form a base camp until you really know riding skills and endurance of all in the group.

my dos pesos..

Mike

looks like a good time... but surfing is much different than riding... so perhaps we could go without naming names of surf spots when posting online. victor is great and I want him to succeed, but ya know, too many people can kill a spot :cry:

(I mean this in the nicest possible way and I don't mean to offend anyone)

none of these baja norte spots are even close to beinng secret anymore.

So when is the ride?

Mike

I Hope to spend a few months doing this like I have for the past few winters but NOT til the winter time unfortunetly. Keep me in the loop for this winter guys. MMmm surf and ride!

heading down there next weekend instead of cooking out at the rattlesnake chase. shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Mike