WR actual weights

I just got a '07 WR125 and my brother got a '06 WR250 and we have an old 1000lb scale that seems to be pretty accurate, 50lb bag weighs 50lbs, etc. So unless I did my math wrong deducting the crate the numbers should be within a pound or so.

Both weighed wet, stock, with headlight and no fuel

'07 WR125 - 213lbs

'06 WR250 - 233.5lbs

I know the actual weight doesn't matter in the real world when all the physics of the bike come together but its still nice to know.

Joel

Sounds about right. I have heard that both bikes would be 3-4# heavier than that but it's close.

That sounds about right. I weighed my '06 WR250 on a good medical scale (utilizing a 2x6 which was then subtracted from the total) and it came in at 231 lbs. This was without lights and kickstand. I believe that these bikes carry a good amount of weight in the motor. It is obvious that the motor is larger than most 2Ts from Nipon. However, if there is a good place to carry a bit of extra weight, it would be low and central and that's why the WR does not feel heavy. And guys like Sebastian G. and Nate Kanney can still be competitive with this bike on an international level.

Bono

'06 WR/CR250

'04 CR 125

That weight sounds real close to me, thanks for doing that. OFG

The 250 motor is from the late 80's and it is huge compared to a japanese 250

Norman says the 125 mill is acopy of a YZ125 and it looks almost the same.

Yes, but like the GG motor as well (also heavier) it doesn't break. I'll take a few lbs. in the motor for solid reliability and longevity.

Yes, but like the GG motor as well (also heavier) it doesn't break. I'll take a few lbs. in the motor for solid reliability and longevity.

Oh, they break too!

I'm having main bearings and a new cylinder put on my '04 as we speak.