can we protest the stickers?

Is there anywhere on the internet to do something about getting rid of this red/green sticker bull sh*t? Is there anyway it will go away? Are there websites to go to to do something about this? i hate california, i should move back to vegas. i could ride straight from my garage to the desert and nobody would say shit no matter where i go. AND ITS FREE

It sucks, I know.. California is not a great State for Dirtbiking even though we have so much great land for riding.

I don't think the sticker thing will ever go away, but it never hurts to try and make your opinion heard.

I'll sign it if ya find one. I hate my red sticker.

Is there anywhere on the internet to do something about getting rid of this red/green sticker bull sh*t? Is there anyway it will go away? Are there websites to go to to do something about this? i hate california, i should move back to vegas. i could ride straight from my garage to the desert and nobody would say shit no matter where i go. AND ITS FREE

why bother when there are better things to fight for.The more urgent thing to fight is all the closures going on and its not just here in california all you have do is look around.

Guys consider yourselves lucky. The original plan was that red sticker bikes would not be allowed at all on public lands at all. You bought a race bike designed by the manufacturer for closed course use. Can you drive a race car designed for closed course use on the street? No, I didn't think so.

Do you complain about your cars too? Since the early 70's there have been about 5 rounds of stricter emissions requirements. Everyone complained about fuel injection when it came in. Now cars work so much better. Cleaner and more power with decent gas mileage. If you want to complain try the bike makers and see if you can get them to makes better bikes. You buy the red sticker bikes so they keep making them.

Vegas isn't so great anymore. They are using dust as a reason for cracking down on dirt bikes now. I have a few friends who moved to Henderson and they have been hassled by Sheriff's on several occasions. They give speeding tickets on dirt roads if you can believe that.

vegas will be lost soon too. wait till global warming regulations requiring reduction in recreational use of combustion engines comes alive

I think the red/green sticker thing is great. During green sticker only time of the years you don't have to deal with so many riders. It's a simple answer if you ask me. You live in CA and you want to ride year around just get a green stickered bike. :bonk:

I think the red/green sticker thing is great. During green sticker only time of the years you don't have to deal with so many riders. It's a simple answer if you ask me. You live in CA and you want to ride year around just get a green stickered bike. :bonk:

Better yet..a plated bike!:thumbsup:

ya sure of course...if you, your kids, whoever, want to race AND ride in the parks, mountains etc. just simply go and buy two different bikes for each purpose. Hell its only 5-6 THOUSAND dollars for a new bike to ride up in the mountains. If you have multiple kids its a simple second martage. Big whoop!!Or sure you could go the cheap route and pickup a 6 year old racing bike that had probably been beat to hell...and pay a premium for it because of the precious green sticker.

Simplicity in thought is so lazy and easy.

It is the same for a current CA resident or propsective resident. You must research the sport you intend to pursue. :prof:

A current resident would need to ask one question of him/herself.:

- When and where do I intend to pursue my sport? Then they will need to select sports equipment based on CA regulations and their own requirments.

The prospective resident needs to ask him/herself several questions.:

- What is the CA requirement for me to continue my sport in California?

- Will I meet those CA requirements?

- Will the CA requirements modify my sporting activities?

- Based on the above answers, do I want to relocate to California?

:ride:

ya sure of course...if you, your kids, whoever, want to race AND ride in the parks, mountains etc. just simply go and buy two different bikes for each purpose. Hell its only 5-6 THOUSAND dollars for a new bike to ride up in the mountains. If you have multiple kids its a simple second martage. Big whoop!!Or sure you could go the cheap route and pickup a 6 year old racing bike that had probably been beat to hell...and pay a premium for it because of the precious green sticker.

Hey..we race our plated bikes:busted:

Don't think a red sticker always equates to a faster bike..just one that complies less with emissions regs.

It is the same for a current CA resident or propsective resident. You must research the sport you intend to pursue. :prof:

A current resident would need to ask one question of him/herself.:

- When and where do I intend to pursue my sport? Then they will need to select sports equipment based on CA regulations and their own requirments.

The prospective resident needs to ask him/herself several questions.:

- What is the CA requirement for me to continue my sport in California?

- Will I meet those CA requirements?

- Will the CA requirements modify my sporting activities?

- Based on the above answers, do I want to relocate to California?

:ride:

Let's change tthat:

A current resident would need to MORE THAN one question of him/herself.:

- Should I move to another state?

- Should I vote for someone else who would protect my rights?

- Should I lobby to protect my rights and change what I believe is unfair ?

- How much power do I have as a single rider?

- How much power do we have as an association of riders (AMA ?) ?

- Should I not care and buy an old (and very noisy and polluting machine) MX bike and ride her during red season ?

- Should I keep listening to people who thing that I (we ) do not have the choice ?

Hey..we race our plated bikes:busted:

Don't think a red sticker always equates to a faster bike..just one that complies less with emissions regs.

I ride a Husqvarna TC 450 MX bike...it is green sticker !

Let's change tthat:

A current resident would need to MORE THAN one question of him/herself.:

- Should I move to another state?

- Should I not care and buy an old (and very noisy and polluting machine) MX bike and ride her during red season ?

- Should I keep listening to people who thing that I (we ) do not have the choice ?

Yes, You got my point...My point is you must research before taking any leap.

The original poster failed to research his move from Nevada and is now learning his sport of choice is regulated. :eek:

Something that he/she should have considered before relocating. Now his only choices are to change, fight or flee.

These are all questions that should be asked before you relocate from another state. None of which can be answered until you have already made the relocation. :excuseme: After all, you can't reform or change regulations if you're not a current resident and registered to vote in the state.

Better yet..a plated bike!:thumbsup:

Man you're killing me. LOL Yes a plated bike is the way to go. Next bike will have a plate on it. :thumbsup: Then I can even ride more. :thumbsup:

You can get a lot of used green stickered bikes cheap if you look around. For those that like to race, green or red stickers don't matter. We can turn :mad: in the face but most people that don't ride don't care about bikes. If the tree huggers had a say in it no sticker would work and no trails would be open for us to ride on.

No one ever said riding is cheap, if we want a nice bike it will cost you. I know it sucks because in the last 3 years I got 5 new bikes. How did I come up with the money for them. LOTS of hard work and LOTS of extra hours put in at work. At times you do what you have do to get things you want. I know it sucks, why could money grow in trees. :excuseme:

i should move back to vegas. i could ride straight from my garage to the desert and nobody would say shit no matter where i go. AND ITS FREE

you might be surprised if you tried that in vegas nowadays. as i understand it, there's pretty much zero ohv use allowed in the valley now, and they give out lots of tickets for it.

also nevada has a fledgeling registration program too. it's still voluntary last i checked, but i wouldn't expect that to last that long.

the redsticker program is kinda lame tho. one more reason i would never move back to cali.

I ride a Husqvarna TC 450 MX bike...it is green sticker !

Husqvarna TE450..enduro bike..and it's plated :thumbsup:

Yep... dirtbiking is turning into an expensive and soon to be elitist sport, just like golf. Gas prices have already parked my motorhome for the summer.

On the other hand, there are many time when I wish that not so many people could afford those quads. Its not the quads that I hate, its the guys who don't respect the sport and lack the proper respect and etiquette that I hate. Somehow, most of those guys seem to be on brand new quads.

Lets weed out the undesirables.

Bottom line is that the Green/Red sticker plan is BS. I like to ride year round and like to have new bikes with power when I ride. Not smogged up bikes or high priced dual sport bikes.

I too have a family that rides year round and we several bikes and Quads.

It sucks when half of my stuff can go to Gorman and and the others cant.

We have to drive about 3 to 4 hours to the high desert and find a open spot that not regulated by the Red sticker plan.

Most Rangers I talk to say that the Red sticker plan is BS. But the law is the law.

So if there is a petition out there I'll sign it!