TE HP from Dyno Run with JD Jetting

TE510 53 HP

TE450 44.5 HP

TE250 32.5 HP

TC250 33.2HP

http://www.pbase.com/jdjetting1/husqvarna_te450

Thanks for this information. The numbers here look a little lower than what has been reported before. I believe that the HP rating for the TE450 was previously reported to be 49. 44 and 53 for the 510 sounds a little more realistic to me.

I don't see any mention of what model year they tested, I think they were 05's, there were some good changes for 06, so that could be the reason

According to the web site, it was a 2006 TE450.

James Dean | all galleries >> JDJetting tests with Husqvarna 250 450 510 > 2006 TE450

I have a dyno run from a TE450 '07 made by CRD in French...std showed 57.4Ch (ISO measured) and with new CRD silencer specific for the 07 model it showed 59.79Ch (also ISO).

I have a dyno run from a TE450 '07 made by CRD in French...std showed 57.4Ch (ISO measured) and with new CRD silencer specific for the 07 model it showed 59.79Ch (also ISO).

So why the discrepancy do you think?

So why the discrepancy do you think?

Calibration of the dyno's or standard used to measure...also, measured at rear wheel, clutch,etc, yet also, mods in engine from year to year, is it really full power or a somehow tamed version,etc. ....i wonder if ISO specification mandates that it's measured at a specific point (i.e. rear wheel, clutch,crankshaft(many years ago, power of Jap bikes was measured at the crankshaft..how exactly i don't know),etc.).

Calibration of the dyno's or standard used to measure...also, measured at rear wheel, clutch,etc, yet also, mods in engine from year to year, is it really full power or a somehow tamed version,etc. ....i wonder if ISO specification mandates that it's measured at a specific point (i.e. rear wheel, clutch,crankshaft(many years ago, power of Jap bikes was measured at the crankshaft..how exactly i don't know),etc.).

Purely from a mathematical equation.

If my fuzzy brain is working this morning the type of Dyno used for the rear wheel will have varying results..

Dynojets use a matematical formula to determine speed, time and distance and then equate that into HP and torque. Eddy current dynos apply drag to the drum and measure nodes set by operator to determine values at specific intervals. This is then turned into values. IE..force applied to drum.

That all makes sense. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter that much to me. My bike is way fast enough whatever the HP happens to be and I know that there are things I could do to it to make even more. Happily, I don't feel like I need to. As is, the bike is way faster than I am. :D

could it also be elevation and the density of the air

could it also be elevation and the density of the air

I think the readings are corrected to compensate for elevation.