Ghost Hunters and Cheesy Horror Movies!

Okay, I admit it, I'm hooked on Ghost Hunters and cheesy horror movies. Any time I get control of the remote, first thing I do is see what's on the SiFi Channel. LOL!! Not sure why I find them so entertaining, but I do. Anyone else?

Hmmm, I love sci fi but not so into horror.

I like most, but not all. The new trend of gory movies is too much. We turned off Hostile about halfway through when they had the guy tied to the chair and were drilling holes in his leg while he was conscious - that's too much. Aliens is one of my all time favorites - scary but not a lot of gore.

I also like watching Survivorman and Man Against Wild, interesting what it takes to make it through a given situation.

I can't watch horror films, especially when it had kids in it like the hills have eyes thing...oh god, no can't do it, I think rape and child involvement is tasteless, just me, only my opinion and I can't watch it. Now I can't watch any of it. Torture or killing, just freakin wigs me out.

But the ghost stuff, ooo I used to watch it as a kid this show, and how they would document these houses and the freaky stuff that happens. I guess I kinda believe in it a little, a higher power and possibly angels and ghosts. I like to think if I pray to my brother for support, he is resting a steady hand on my shoulder. But I guess these are bad ghosts in the show giving people crap?

I like most, but not all. The new trend of gory movies is too much. We turned off Hostile about halfway through when they had the guy tied to the chair and were drilling holes in his leg while he was conscious - that's too much. Aliens is one of my all time favorites - scary but not a lot of gore.

I also like watching Survivorman and Man Against Wild, interesting what it takes to make it through a given situation.

I can't STAND the recent gorefests. I almost walked out of rob zombie's first movie a couple of years ago and I still wish that I had.

I did like the Hannibal series. They were excellent movies.

But the ghost stuff, ooo I used to watch it as a kid this show, and how they would document these houses and the freaky stuff that happens. I guess I kinda believe in it a little, a higher power and possibly angels and ghosts. I like to think if I pray to my brother for support, he is resting a steady hand on my shoulder. But I guess these are bad ghosts in the show giving people crap?

I like Ghost Hunters because their approach is very scientific. A lot of "experiences" in places that are supposeldy haunted can actually be disproved and that makes the show interesting. Like high EM (electro magnetic) readings are usually related to electrical appliances or wiring that is wacky and needs to be fixed, banging on the floorboards and "footsteps" are often found to be loose pipes in the basement. They do encounter some things that truly cannot be explained away though and it gives me goose pumps.

I didn't like The Hills Have Eyes either, those kinds of horror shows are too much. I watched the remake of Dawn of the Dead last week and howled, it was very cheesy and funny. Those kinds of horror shows are the ones that I find so amusing and enjoy watching. I like the suspense and feeling scared, but not the realistic gory ones. But remember, I grew up watching The Fly, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Blob, Godzilla, etc. Now there's some fine programming!!! :busted:

I like Ghost Hunters because their approach is very scientific. A lot of "experiences" in places that are supposeldy haunted can actually be disproved and that makes the show interesting. Like high EM (electro magnetic) readings are usually related to electrical appliances or wiring that is wacky and needs to be fixed, banging on the floorboards and "footsteps" are often found to be loose pipes in the basement. They do encounter some things that truly cannot be explained away though and it gives me goose pumps.

I didn't like The Hills Have Eyes either, those kinds of horror shows are too much. I watched the remake of Dawn of the Dead last week and howled, it was very cheesy and funny. Those kinds of horror shows are the ones that I find so amusing and enjoy watching. I like the suspense and feeling scared, but not the realistic gory ones. But remember, I grew up watching The Fly, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Blob, Godzilla, etc. Now there's some fine programming!!! :busted:

You mean Shawn of The Dead? Cause that is one to buy and keep forever, I Loved that movie, then again I live for comedy and I need to laugh several times a day to feel normal

I loved Dragonfly... kind of ghost-like. Give ya chills! For horror, anyone seen 'The Boogens'? I remember seeing it at home alone in the dark as a teen... my older bro (who didn't live at home anymore) stopped in to visit, watched about 5 mins, said it was too creepy for him and left! LOL I'm sure I'd see it now and think it's dorky... like Phantasm (creepy as heck when I was a kid, not nearly so now... almost funny). Oh, and saw 'The Howling' not too long ago. LAME! Another one that was super creepy. Has the special effects come so far that anything that does not look super real looks funny? Watching the 'changing in to a werewolf' scene that used to scare the pants off me made me laugh!!

I am definetely not a horror movie girl. Those Freddy Kruger movies freaked me out when I was younger.

I like comedy the best I think. Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorites. I like chick flicks too. Light hearted stuff.

What about Hitchcock? Classics. Like, the Birds.

OK iroc... quick trivia for you... what one thing made The Birds VERY unique (nothing to do w/horror or the birds even). :D Once you realize it, it's probably one of the most unsettling things about the movie (you knew SOMETHING was wrong the whole time, but couldn't put your finger on it). Of course, you probably already know... but I always thought it was neat.

Uhhhmmm...its been years since I've watched it...I can't say I'm a huge hitchcock buff...just enjoy the fact of the classics. Fill me in!

The movie has NO soundtrack! Music is only heard twice throughout the movie... once, as someone plinks out a tune on a piano, the second is where someone is riding in a car fiddling with the radio. Watch it again... it will creep you out... it's so... so... WRONG! LOL

OMG...people didn't always have an iPod or a playlist/soundtrack for life? :eek:

What about Hitchcock? Classics. Like, the Birds.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Alfred Hitchcock. I used to watch that.

Can't forget about the original Scooby Doo stuff. That was great!

I like Bruce Lee type movies also. Chuck Norris, Arnold movies.