taneum affected by helicopter crash

Hey guys, according to ranger Mikki, blazed ridge,blowout, and little creek basin are all closed due to the helicopter crash in the area. the fire has now spread to 300+ acres from that and is in a remote area thats hard to access. my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of that crash.

Joe

Hey guys, according to ranger Mikki, blazed ridge,blowout, and little creek basin are all closed due to the helicopter crash in the area. the fire has now spread to 300+ acres from that and is in a remote area thats hard to access. my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of that crash.

Joe

Thanks for the heads up. I am more familiar with names like Quartz mountain, Windy Pass, Buck Meadows, Manastash Lake, etc. Any idea which trails (by number) are impacted?

Greg

Greg...the trails are the extreme west end of the taneum system. basically everything west of windy pass and clifty areas.

Joe

my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of that crash.

Joe

I saw this on the news last night. I seem to recall all 4 in the helicopter died. Sad.

Thoughts & prayers as well.

Danny

Naches/Crow Creek has been closed due to another fire too!

TONY

One of my firefighters took this picture last week on a wildland fire. This fire was the result of a car engine that broke a connecting rod and burned 300 acres.

RdPand13008.jpg

Gotta love that KTM orange color

TONY

Naches/Crow Creek has been closed due to another fire too!

TONY

Do you mean all of Naches?

Greg

F.S. 1900 is closed so there is no access to Little Naches :cry:

F.S. 1900 is closed so there is no access to Little Naches :cry:

Unless you approach it from the trails at Taneum. I am not sure if 947, 948 and 943, 943A are closed but they are all accessible from Taneum.