Anyone from German for some info?

abut the ABP racing's TM carbs ? Has anyone tried the TM-40 ?

Been reccomended to stay away from the TM. A real pain to tune. Now, if you have all the needles and a wideband A/F, then you might be able to get it right. Still, after the dust settles, you'll wish you had a FCR.

bill1960 has one.im sure he will post up shortly.

abut the ABP racing's TM carbs ? Has anyone tried the TM-40 ?

Dont know about the TM40

I have the Mikuni TMR40-36 which is a flatslide pumper, 40mm bore with 36mm ID spigot to fit the stock S manifold.

Hi, I'm from Germany. I know only 2 guys in the german DRZ forum who have the TM40. It will be not that easy to tune it right. The most SM riders who change their carb uses the TM36 - it is "ready to race". This is also recommended by ABP-Racing. :prof:

But if I had the choise I would surely take the FCR. I think that is the best option for the SM. Unfortunately the FCR is very expansive in Germany :foul: ...so I still use the stock one.

So in Greece :foul: , very expensive. 450euro for the old style FCR no choke no tps , just the carb with any other part, Thanks for the responding !.

LOL, FCR is expensive here too, about twice that of the TM.

450 Euro is quite not enough in Germany. The prices for the FCR kit are about 600 to 750 Euro :eek: If you find a used one here for 300-350 Euro - you are a very lucky man.

the TM 40 is a 2 stroke carb.no accelerator pump.not suitable.

Not kit , just the carb .

The basic salary for an employ here is around + - 600 euro....

Hi, I'm from Germany. I know only 2 guys in the german DRZ forum who have the TM40. It will be not that easy to tune it right. The most SM riders who change their carb uses the TM36 - it is "ready to race".

Nappi

Do you know anyone using the TMR40-36 ?

http://www.mikuni-topham.de/DEUTSCHSITE/Deutsch/FRAMEDEUTSCH.html

I believe Topham in Germany use them on Suzuki LTZ400's.

I would be interested to hear comments from anyone running one on the DRZ.

Do you know anyone using the TMR40-36 ?

Not on the DRZ.

I believe Topham in Germany use them on Suzuki LTZ400's.

That seems to be allright. I heard this once before.

Sorry for not giving you a better answer. :excuseme:

@Smias... thats the reason why so many take the TM36 (269,- Euro).

The '36 is bolt on from ABPracing ?

I had a look at the ABP racing website

I dont speak German but it seems to me they are referring to the "TMR" carb for the DRZ going by the accompanying picture , not the "TM" .

In Japan, they sell a Mikuni TMR40-36 carb kit for the DRZ which is what I have

This is a Mikuni flatslide pumper, 40mm bore, and a 36mm ID spigot which fits the stock DRZ manifold .

If you go to the Topham Germany site that I posted earlier, you will see that this carb is also sold for the LTZ and the KTM LC4 640-620 .

Anyway, the TMR costs the same as the FCR so if you want extensive jetting info to suit various DRZ engine mods, better go with the FCR

I have some jetting info for the TMR if anyone is interested.

A few days ago a guy of our forum asked ABP which carbs for the DRZ they have.

They replied: "Hello. We have both (36/40), tell us in your order which one you like, price is the same (269 Euro). We like to recommend choosing the TM36, more power in lower RPM. This is why we used this one for our press modification."

I dont know if they meant TM40 or TMR40.

I dont know if they meant TM40 or TMR40.

Yesterday 07:41 PM

The picture on their website is a TMR

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://supermoto-umbauten.de/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dabp%2Bracing%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DU9K%26sa%3DG

My guess is the TM reference, as in TM4DR for the DRZ400 is their in-house part number, but the carb is actually a TMR

269 Euro is not a bad price for a TMR.

If it is a TMR and you decide to get one, make sure they provide jetting info to suit your application, ie open pipe/airbox etc.

When ABP is talking about the 36-carb - this is for sure a TM36. I know a few guys who bought it there. So as ABP says both are the same price, I think it must be a TM40, too. If they are furthermore selling a TMR40? Dont know :excuseme:

I think that to , i had asked the price for the TMR-40 when a saw Yoshi catalog and the price was something really big... I had send a mail before to ABP a week ago but they haven't respond yet , Nappi do you know if their carb kits wave all the parts you need or are just the carbs ?