R.V. USE...how many times do you go out?

well, lessee. last year was only something like 20 days. this year will be a little more, but i missed out on several potential trips over the last 10 weeks due to the broken leg thing and moving to idaho over the winter, and moving the gf's stuff into my place, etc....

Bought a Toy Hauler in Feb. of this year and have been out 4 times. It will be 5 as I am headed out today at noon to go to a campground in Cherry Valley Ca. With Ins., Maint.,Purchase and storage costs make sure you will use it or it will be a money pit. We love our TH. When it cools down we will get 2-3 more motorcycle camping trips in by the end of the year.

So far we've been on 7 weekend race trips since April, and just got back from a week's vacation. We have another 4 or 5 trips planned for the rest of the year. I feel we definitely get our money's worth out of it.

We use our toyhauler each weekend from late April till September during the mx season here in Alaska. We race multiple series in the state and only have two or 3 weekends during that entire time that we aren't involved in a race. This has been the case for the last 5 years for us as a family. In the winter, I use the toyhauler as a remote living space with my work. I make that payment each month, I am damn well going to be using it.

We have a small RV and a small bike trailer. We get out 6-10 times a year. My goal fromt eh day we bought it has been to use it once a month. In September I get the kids school calendar and then mark all the school holidays and 1/2 days and plan our trips around that. We ride with a pretty large group (10-15 RVs) so sometimes we adjust our schedule around them too. I have found that unless you plan ahead and put it on the calendar, the trips never happen.

we're using ours about 20 days per year. just five years to retire i hope an then will use it more. is fun for now and an investment for the future. one guy said he never remembered a hotel he stayed in but never forgot a campground.

• Like 1

I'd guess we used our toy hauler ~35-40 days last desert season.

Season is from October to April and we try to go out every other weekend. There were some missed weekends, but there were also some back to back weekends and we were out for 5 days at Thanksgiving and 5 for new years.

It would be interesting to actualy keep track of that. Good job for my kid... ?

This is why I camp/ride out of a full size cargo van getting 17.8+ MPG in the Colorado Rockies. I've had a class C motorhome and travel trailers but got tired of paying for them, storing them, insuring them, plating them, dumping them, filling them, maintaining them (they all seem to fall apart with hard use - washboard roads, rocks, etc) limited off road capability to get to the good campsites, towing in bad conditions like snow storms, big time depreciation, etc all for somewhat limited use...for a big trip why not just rent the thing. Just my .02

• Like 1

This is why I camp/ride out of a full size cargo van getting 17.8+ MPG in the Colorado Rockies. I've had a class C motorhome and travel trailers but got tired of paying for them, storing them, insuring them, plating them, dumping them, filling them, maintaining them (they all seem to fall apart with hard use - washboard roads, rocks, etc) limited off road capability to get to the good campsites, towing in bad conditions like snow storms, big time depreciation, etc all for somewhat limited use...for a big trip why not just rent the thing. Just my .02

To each his own. It would be a HUGE pain in the ass for us to not have our trailer. Its nice having the "home away from home" creature comforts like a bathroom, shower, queen size bed, etc. Not to mention a fridge.....it sucks living out of an ice chest for a week or even a weekend.

well, lessee. last year was only something like 20 days. this year will be a little more, but i missed out on several potential trips over the last 10 weeks due to the broken leg thing and moving to idaho over the winter, and moving the gf's stuff into my place, etc....

So what you're really saying is; you broke your leg, moved to Idaho, and ended your life. right?! ?

I just bought mine 1 month ago. We've been out twice, plan on every other weekend this season and all Thanksgiving week somewhere. ........................ bahhh ?