Which Jet Do I Need To Use??????

I have a drz400sm. It has a K&N filter, 3x3 mod, and I took out the stock spark arrester(I don't know if this makes much of a difference or not). My mechanic has ordered a FMF jet kit for it, & I need to know which jet I sould be using with these mods.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy

FMF kit is a re[ackaged Dyno Jet kit. Unfortunately, it is not designed for use with a 3X3. You need instead the James Dean kit. You should also get the allen float bowl screws and the Kientech extended fuel screw. The jet kits include instructions for rec. jetting (boith the FMF/Dyno Jet kit and the James Dean)

FMF kit is a re[ackaged Dyno Jet kit. Unfortunately, it is not designed for use with a 3X3. You need instead the James Dean kit. You should also get the allen float bowl screws and the Kientech extended fuel screw. The jet kits include instructions for rec. jetting (boith the FMF/Dyno Jet kit and the James Dean)

Not trying to be a dumba** here, but the James Dean kit will have listing for a 3x3 mod in the instructions.

Thanks

the kit you have coming will be fine.it has stg 2 instructions for the air box mod but does not include the 25 pilot jet you will need.

155 main jet

needle clip 2

25 pilot jet

2.75 turns fuel screw

the kit you have coming will be fine.it has stg 2 instructions for the air box mod but does not include the 25 pilot jet you will need.

155 main jet

needle clip 2

25 pilot jet

2.75 turns fuel screw

Thank You. I just got done ordering the JD kit and cancelled the FMF, so are the specs you have listed here the same for the JD?

Sorry for my ignorance, I am new at all this.

Yes, all the jets you need are in the JD kit. Good move. Did you also order the allen screws and the extended fuel screw?

Regarding the 3X3, a search here on TT will provide many pictures. Really nothing more than removing the existing inlet snorkle (under the seat). Then, intelligently make the opening 3 inchs by 3 inches (some use a 3" wide putty knife, heated to make it simple). Rejet with the kit and you are done.

Yes, all the jets you need are in the JD kit. Good move. Did you also order the allen screws and the extended fuel screw?

Regarding the 3X3, a search here on TT will provide many pictures. Really nothing more than removing the existing inlet snorkle (under the seat). Then, intelligently make the opening 3 inchs by 3 inches (some use a 3" wide putty knife, heated to make it simple). Rejet with the kit and you are done.

I didn't order the allen screws, but I did order the extended fuel screw.

I did the 3x3 mod last night in about 10 minutes. I took my drill and made a hole big enough for a hack saw blade, then finished it with a sanding bit & dremel. Got to LOVE dremels. It didn't turn out bad for a rookie!!

See if you cann add the allen bolts or locate a local supplier,. You will be glad you did, trust me.

I just received my FMF Jet kit yesterday because I am planing on doing the

3x3 airbox mod soon. Th box says it covers 01 through 06 DRZ400S models but I have an 07. Were there any major carb changes from 06 to 07? I am at sea level and plan to do the stock exhaust mod soon also but not right away.

Thank you, I am new to the DRZ world but I used to have a Z400 so I am somewhat frimiler with this engine.

I just received my FMF Jet kit yesterday because I am planing on doing the

3x3 airbox mod soon. Th box says it covers 01 through 06 DRZ400S models but I have an 07. Were there any major carb changes from 06 to 07? I am at sea level and plan to do the stock exhaust mod soon also but not right away.

Thank you, I am new to the DRZ world but I used to have a Z400 so I am somewhat frimiler with this engine.

Nope, no changes, you will be fine

I just wanted to thank everybody for their help.:ride: