Fuel Efficiency of the TE-610..Stock

I noticed a great big discrepancy in certain 610's....

If you would please let me know your mileage, any jetting you've done or other mods, and your location/altitude.

It seems that I'm getting around 100 miles from a tank, when I should be getting much more. The bike is totally stock, as far as engine mods go, air filter is clean and the bike has 3000km's on it.(1875 miles)

It doesn't seem to affect the bike much whether I ride it hard or easy....still churns out the same mileage....

JD jet kit, I think is what I need.

I get around 45 on pavement and just a little less in the rough. Bike is pretty much stock US edition (not Euro) . The evap controls feel off early in the game and the carb. was rejetted by Bills MC plus in Oregan. My understanding is that the 610 is jetted to fat from the factory and needs to be leaned out. I don't remember the jet sizes that they put in but it is a step or two leaner than factory. bike runs really good almost never have to use hot or cold start, no popping on decel and only an occasional hiccup if cruising at a steady speed ( I don't know what speed or rpm that is because it is so rare that it never bothers me).

On my 06 SM610 I am getting the same... 100 miles to the tank.

I got this on the stock (way lean 175mj) jetting.

I got it on my own 180/45 jetting.

I got it on the JD jetting.

I get it on my modified JD jetting.

I ride the heck out of the bike every time I am on it and the mpg stays the same no matter what. Even on the rare occasion I ride "nice" on a tank I get the same 100 mpt.

te610 -06 stock just got 88 miles out of 2.4 gallons of crap california gas. lots of spirited stop and go frank

2006 sm610 with around 5000kms, LV slipon, cr8eix plug. Before jetting, around 160-170km per tank. After jetting (jd) ~200km per tank. Red needle with the clip on position 5. 180 main jet. 42 pilot jet. Fuel mixture screw 1.5 turns out. Installed the leak jet. These settings are the JD recommendations and worked well for me.

I noticed a great big discrepancy in certain 610's....

If you would please let me know your mileage, any jetting you've done or other mods, and your location/altitude.

It seems that I'm getting around 100 miles from a tank, when I should be getting much more. The bike is totally stock, as far as engine mods go, air filter is clean and the bike has 3000km's on it.(1875 miles)

It doesn't seem to affect the bike much whether I ride it hard or easy....still churns out the same mileage....

JD jet kit, I think is what I need.

Leo Vince, Pirelli Scorpions, stock front sprocket, +5 tooth rear sprocket, Kawasaki synthetic MC oil (it was what was available at the time), liberal use of the "Whack it open" philosophy, CA 10% Ethanol fuel (crap) from Chevron, and I pull about 245 miles on my last fillup of around 4.5 gallons (IMS 5 gallon tank, sorry boys). That's around 54mpg.

All the way down the coast from Portland to San Diego, averaged low to mid 50s though it was still breaking in (bought with 190 miles) and it was broked in more gently than I'm riding it now with 2000 miles. I'm guessing it's breaking in now.

Personally, I was expecting more... :eek: J/K. When I ride loaner BMW 650CS or F650s (when my R1100S is being serviced), I see 50mpg with similar riding style. I hear they'll hit in the 60s to 70s if one is a bit more... ummm... average.

I'm presuming the Leo Vince is making my life more better. Not sure if the PO rejetted for it, but it runs great so I'm not touching it. :naughty:

Regards,

Eric D

06 Husqvarna TE610

04 BMW R1100S "Double Yellow"

I'm presuming the Leo Vince is making my life more better. Not sure if the PO rejetted for it, but it runs great so I'm not touching it. :naughty:

Regards,

Eric D

06 Husqvarna TE610

04 BMW R1100S "Double Yellow"

With most aftermarket exhaust I've used they all tend to burn out the packing within 250 miles. How does the Leo Vince appear to be on packing?

Have you replaced it yet? Wonder if they have Leo Vince markets their own packing for replacement?

Less than 110 miles on a stock tank. I just ran out of gas the other day on a 102 mile freeway trip. That was an average speed of 85mph on the stock jetting.

With most aftermarket exhaust I've used they all tend to burn out the packing within 250 miles. How does the Leo Vince appear to be on packing?

Have you replaced it yet? Wonder if they have Leo Vince markets their own packing for replacement?

I've put more than 1,800 miles on it and it's still going strong. Enough highway at 80+ that my left turn signal self-destructed from the heat long, long, long ago. :bonk:

I run the spark arrestor tip since I'm in Sandy Eggo, and things like to catch fire around here.

Loudness and short-lived packing are some of the reasons I generally dislike aftermarkets. That and I've gotten more than my share of tickets because they could hear me coming :busted: - stealth is more better than loud pipes (now, now, no dialog on whether they save lives or not needs occur on this thread. Start another discussion and link it here if you must).

http://www.partsmag.com/0602/LeoVince-0602/Leovince-0602.html

"An important part of LeoVince “sound technology” is their sleeve woven, high ceramic content packing material; as these pipes and silencers break-in they actually get a little quieter, if you can imagine that.

And as an added bonus, packing should require little or no maintenance for the life of the product."

For the cooler exhaust and power gains, I was up to the risk (and it came on the bike, so it's not like I had much of a choice), and the Leo Vince is not disappointing. :thumbsup: It's not as quiet as I would like, but it's plenty good and I don't feel bad firing it up in my neighborhood at 5:45AM (The Harley across the street at 5:30 is louder).

With the IMS tank and that low front petcock/fuel line near the exhaust, I'm happy it's much cooler down there.

No idea if Leo V offers replacement packing. If you find out, lemme know!

07 TE610, JD jetkit, Leo Vince exhaust, stock gearing, pretty much 45 MPG no matter what. I added 2 inches to the exhaust tip and it quieted it down nicely with out a loss of performance. ( I tried the quiet insert but it ran pooly in comparison.)

My mileage went up when I swapped to a 16CS...I think I am getting around 7mpg more...

Dan

I'm getting a steady 200kms a tank, riding it pretty hard, stock everything except smog stuff gone.:thumbsup:

07 TE610, JD jetkit, Leo Vince exhaust, stock gearing, pretty much 45 MPG no matter what. I added 2 inches to the exhaust tip and it quieted it down nicely with out a loss of performance. ( I tried the quiet insert but it ran pooly in comparison.)

Same equipment but on TE, spark arrestor tip, 1 down on countershaft; almost exactly 40 MPG 90% Dirt.

Just for reference my 02 TE570 is getting around 40 MPG for gravel roads and some pavement. This is power sliding every corner around the woods and being pretty hard on the gas a lot. Personally I was shocked i was getting that much MPG. My bike have a Pro Circuit muffler and runs a little lean (pops a bit)