Exhaust can losing bolts

I have a Big Gun on my 2003 DRZ and when I was riding last night one of the guys riding behind me said that it looked like the can was swaying in the wind.

This is happening because all of the front rivets on the can are gone. When I put new ones in they just vibrate right out in a short ride.

Is there an easy fix to this, short of getting a new exhuast can?

Most likely the metal on the inside of the can has deteriorated. I would sperate the two and check it. You may have to re-drill the holes and use a larger rivet. Check and confirm everything before you start. You do not want to make the problem worse. I would also suggest contating the mfg. to see what they have to say.

I have a Big Gun on my 2003 DRZ and when I was riding last night one of the guys riding behind me said that it looked like the can was swaying in the wind.

This is happening because all of the front rivets on the can are gone. When I put new ones in they just vibrate right out in a short ride.

Is there an easy fix to this, short of getting a new exhuast can?

Is your rear tire hitting the muffler?

Is your rear tire hitting the muffler?

Nope, I've been riding all street so it's not moving the rear suspension that much.

Probably vibration related cracks at the rivets that subsequently tore the holes out. You need to seperate the two and determine the extent of the damage. I'd also call Big Gun.

What rivets are you using, if they are alloy, you have your answer.

Exhaust can rivets need to be steel, or replace then with nut-certs & bolts.

And just because you are riding on the street, don't assume you're not giving the suspension a full work out.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

What rivets are you using, if they are alloy, you have your answer.

Exhaust can rivets need to be steel, or replace then with nut-certs & bolts.

And just because you are riding on the street, don't assume you're not giving the suspension a full work out.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

+1 on the steel rivets :thumbsup: alot stronger than the wimpy aluminum some places pedal.

Fixed it, we took it off, and welded it. That outta fix it good. :)