Supertrapp IDS2???

Does anyone have one of these? If so, how quite are they (the Quiet Series) ? Any idea how they compare to the FMF Q2?

Thanks!

Had one and hated it. Even with 6 disks only it was overly loud (so loud I had to coast to the end of the street when I went to work at 5:45AM). Within a few miles it melted the "Supertrapp" metal (??) sticker to a darkish brown. After 1500km I had to repack it for the damper material was all blown out.

Shite exhaust.

I have one on my DR350 and its great! Its the IDS2 quiet version so its not a lot louder than stock and I have all of the discs in it 10 i think? Anyways Ive never had an issue with mine whatsoever. Sounds good too.

Had one and hated it. Even with 6 disks only it was overly loud (so loud I had to coast to the end of the street when I went to work at 5:45AM). Within a few miles it melted the "Supertrapp" metal (??) sticker to a darkish brown. After 1500km I had to repack it for the damper material was all blown out.

Shite exhaust.

Was that the quite or the race version?

I have one on my DR350 and its great! Its the IDS2 quiet version so its not a lot louder than stock and I have all of the discs in it 10 i think? Anyways Ive never had an issue with mine whatsoever. Sounds good too.

Any idea as to the db level?

Is ten discs all it will hold? I was thinking I had read where it would hold 12?

Also, how many disc came with the silencer? I sent the company an email and no response as of yet.

That was the IDS2 Quietcore.

That was the IDS2 Quietcore.

Thanks Max Kool, I appreciate your posts.

I have been considering an after market pipe, and have it narrowed down to this one or the FMF Q2. (Yes, it's all Robs fault!)

Just trying to justify the $100.00 difference prior to purchase.

Any idea as to the db level?

Is ten discs all it will hold? I was thinking I had read where it would hold 12?

Also, how many disc came with the silencer? I sent the company an email and no response as of yet.

You can get 18 odd discs in there easily.

Comes with 12 or so.

I have one and so far love it. It seemed a bit noisy at first but you get used to it. Definately a shock to the system after the whisper quiet standard muffler. But I love the improved power characteristics (it pulls wheelies more easily now) and it sounds like a real thumper should. The pipe comes with 12 discs but I wouldn't recommend all 12 of them unless you don't care about the noise. I am running 8 discs and after much trial and error, have gone back to the standard jet and added a small washer under the needle clip to raise it slightly. I don't want to cut my airbox or remove snorkel because I do a few creek crossings and also operate in dusty conditions at times so have compromised a bit. Mine is the ISD2 (quiet) and sure the badge has gone off colour but thats life. That pipe gets bloody hot!. Not sure how it compares to other pipes but I found the supertrapp good value for money and the fit and finish (apart from badge) is great. :ride:

I am running 8 discs and after much trial and error, have gone back to the standard jet and added a small washer under the needle clip to raise it slightly.

When you went up on the main jet did you use Mikuni jets? Was there and noticable difference in power with the stock jet as compared to one size up?

Thanks Max Kool, I appreciate your posts.

I have been considering an after market pipe, and have it narrowed down to this one or the FMF Q2. (Yes, it's all Robs fault!)

Just trying to justify the $100.00 difference prior to purchase.

Hey! :lol: Where do you think I got the idea? Right here bro. It's just the collective wisdom and experiences of the group in action. :thumbsup:

When it comes to an aftermarket pipe for the DR, it seems the best option in the US would be the FMF Q2.

In Europe I would advice one of the two Marving options for the DR. Street legal, very silent (just a lower "thump thump" than stock) and no need to repack after a few thousand miles.

When it comes to an aftermarket pipe for the DR, it seems the best option in the US would be the FMF Q2.

In Europe I would advice one of the two Marving options for the DR. Street legal, very silent (just a lower "thump thump" than stock) and no need to repack after a few thousand miles.

Yep, and if Marving ever gets a good US importer and USFS approval I'll jump the FMF ship! :thumbsup:

I had emailed SuperTrapp and got a response to the db level and what the pipe comes with. As it has been mentioned in this thread by other posters it comes with 12 discs.

They recommend 7-8 discs for stock bikes. And they claim the db level is in the high mid 90’s. Sounds like about 5db difference to me.

Has anyone here ran both the Q2 and the SuperTrapp quiet series? I would be interested in hearing how close these figures are if anyone has ran both.

Hey! :lol: Where do you think I got the idea? Right here bro. It's just the collective wisdom and experiences of the group in action. :thumbsup:

Sure blame it on the group... :lol:

Seriously though, it is a cool group! :applause:

I know I have learned quite a bit since I have been a member here. :prof:

FMF emailed me that the regualr Q series FMF was 96 db (dunno about the q2 I heard 94db )and I just ordered the quiet core ids2 so I will post up about it when I get the jetting dialed in. I read the repack intervals were insanely short on the fmf so that motivated me to choose the ids2. Plus I got my birthday discount on the ids2 from TT so it was even cheaper than the old Q series that was on ebay right now. So I saved $150 over the Q2 by going with the ids2. I will post up when it comes in since TT said they are backordered until the 20th of august. No sweat I have been doing some other maintenance to the bike right now so it is all apart.

I read the repack intervals were insanely short on the fmf so that motivated me to choose the ids2.

See if you can get an IDS end cap for it.

Much quieter and directs the sound down, away from ears.

My Dr 650 came with the stock muffler on it when I bought it and the Super trapp new in a box, so of course I put the Trapp (quiet core) on, but couldn't find the right amount of disks, too few was quiet but felt choked down at the top end, more disks = more noise but I'd get lean poping on deceleration. After may be 4 disk changes on of the disk screws striped so now I can't get the screw out and the disks rattle. I was useing never seize so I'm blaming poor design as the problem. I went back to the stock muffler and now like the being stealthy.

Mike M.

Creswell, Or.

My Dr 650 came with the stock muffler on it when I bought it and the Super trapp new in a box, so of course I put the Trapp (quiet core) on, but couldn't find the right amount of disks, too few was quiet but felt choked down at the top end, more disks = more noise but I'd get lean poping on deceleration. After may be 4 disk changes on of the disk screws striped so now I can't get the screw out and the disks rattle. I was useing never seize so I'm blaming poor design as the problem. I went back to the stock muffler and now like the being stealthy.

Mike M.

Creswell, Or.

I keep going back to my SuperTrapp :D

Probably done 20-30 disc changes over it's 2 bike lifetime.

I just installed the ISD2 Supertrapp and I honestly love it. I am running 4 discs, it is quiet enough, and the spark plugs w/ the standard jetting are still chocolate brown inside, dark on the rim, so I am tempted not to re-jet.

Ths bike no longer surges, has increased power, and has that nice thumper sound, not to mention lighter weight.