2008 kx250f

has anybody ridden one of these beasts yet? i heard that the 07 was best in class for the 250f's. i hope the 08 is just as good.

anyway. i am coming off a crf230 which i have been riding on tracks lately and i'm really starting to like racing. i love my bike but the thing i cant stand is the weight of my bike. its around 250 lbs. with fluids etc. also the suspension is taking a beating because of the big hits. i keep blowing the seals. i am thinking about getting the 08 and i'm wondering if this would be a good bike for me to start racing on?

i did some research and this is what i've found:

2008 KX250F

$6,099

weight: 204 lbs.

suspension travel:

front: 12.4"

rear: 12.2"

2008 YZ250F

$6,249 ($6,349 fro special edition white)

suspension travel:

front: 11.8"

rear: 12.0"

2007 CRF250R

$6,349

suspension travel:

rear: 12.4"

2008 RMZ-250

$6,099

weight: 203 lbs.

suspension travel:

rear: 11.8"

_________

what bike do you guys think would be best for a new bike?

i have ridden 250f's before and i love them.

thanks

-Joe

just choose a color really..its hard to ask "which bike should i get " questions on TT

yea it is haha. im thinking im guna go with the kawi. not sure yet cuz i dont like the crf's gearing. its to close. the yamaha isnt bad.

go with kawa its a race ready machine or ktm if you want out of the crate performance, i have ridden the 07 yzf and for me its really slow

has anybody ridden one of these beasts yet? i heard that the 07 was best in class for the 250f's. i hope the 08 is just as good.

anyway. i am coming off a crf230 which i have been riding on tracks lately and i'm really starting to like racing. i love my bike but the thing i cant stand is the weight of my bike. its around 250 lbs. with fluids etc. also the suspension is taking a beating because of the big hits. i keep blowing the seals. i am thinking about getting the 08 and i'm wondering if this would be a good bike for me to start racing on?

2008 KX250F

$6,099

suspension travel:

2008 YZ250F

suspension travel:

2007 CRF250R

$6,349

suspension travel:

2008 RMZ-250

$6,099

suspension travel:

_________

thanks

-Joe

just pick any lol, they really are all pretty close, just dont hammer the throttle on the kawi or ull end up on ur back lol

lol. i would go for the ktm but i'm poor. they are so dang expensive. i think im guna go with the kawi. thanks guys

They are probably all similar therefore find the best deal.

go with kawa its a race ready machine or ktm if you want out of the crate performance, i have ridden the 07 yzf and for me its really slow

the reason the yz250f is so slow for you is it has only a 12.5:1 compression ratio. all the others have 13.5:1. i just read the Dirt Rider article testing the 08 and they said it was WAYYYYYY better than any previous years and pumps out more ponies and has more low end and top because of a new 13.5:1 piston. im going to add a 13.5:1 Wiseco into my 06 YZ250F so that i can get some more torque out of it and then im good.

id say go with the 08 YZ250F. every previous year was a SOLID bike that will last a long time and is easy to modify to your personal needs. ive never ridden a KX250F but i hear they are great bikes... until they blow up. my friend has one and he says that his piston just locked up on him with low hours WHILE he was clearin a big tabletop. he obviously wiped out because it locked his tires up and he hurt himself pretty bad... just be careful and try the bike before you buy it.

the reason the yz250f is so slow for you is it has only a 12.5:1 compression ratio. all the others have 13.5:1. i just read the Dirt Rider article testing the 08 and they said it was WAYYYYYY better than any previous years and pumps out more ponies and has more low end and top because of a new 13.5:1 piston. im going to add a 13.5:1 Wiseco into my 06 YZ250F so that i can get some more torque out of it and then im good.

id say go with the 08 YZ250F. every previous year was a SOLID bike that will last a long time and is easy to modify to your personal needs. ive never ridden a KX250F but i hear they are great bikes... until they blow up. my friend has one and he says that his piston just locked up on him with low hours WHILE he was clearin a big tabletop. he obviously wiped out because it locked his tires up and he hurt himself pretty bad... just be careful and try the bike before you buy it.

haha, that was a mistake by kawasaki on the 06 model, they milled the head worng on it, we called and they fixed it, if he blew up the 07 he needs to learn how to shift:thumbsup:

You really can't go wrong with any of them. Honda and Kawi are always great choices for racers!:prof:

2008 KX250F

$6,099

suspension travel:

2008 YZ250F

suspension travel:

2007 CRF250R

$6,349

suspension travel:

2008 RMZ-250

$6,099

suspension travel:

_________

thanks

-Joe

personnaly i like honda they supposably have the best bikes out their and i dont doubt them:ride: :ride: :ride: :banana: :banana:

personnaly i like honda they supposably have the best bikes out their and i dont doubt them:ride: :ride: :ride: :banana: :banana:

ya i wanted a honda but my family didnt have any money so i took my bros practice bike

haha, that was a mistake by kawasaki on the 06 model, they milled the head worng on it, we called and they fixed it, if he blew up the 07 he needs to learn how to shift:thumbsup:

true that

i would say a 08 yz250f or kx250f

i heard crfs go through valves like crazy, and suzuki i never heard anything bad about, but nothing good either

Look man, I will personally vouch for this bike. I just got one 3 weeks ago, 2008 KX250F and you will absoultly love it, it is the best bike in the class and its the cheapest, ive rode all the 08 250F's (besides the suzuki) and the midrange hit on this bike will blow you away. all you need to do is go up one tooth on the rear sproket and your ready to race. hope this helps your choice, and remember, keep the rubber side down.:confused:

they havent really changed much between my 07 and 08 mostly cosmetic it seemed ive rode both and they are sick bikes but its really hard to choose a new bike nowa days they are all so close.

I wouldnt go for the rmz. There 07 had way to much top end and lacked the bottom and the 08s even worse.

hey man - no offense, cause we all start somewhere ( i started on a DS80). But you're coming from a crf230 playbike and going to a full on race machine... frankly, its not going to matter which bike you pick - it'll be night and day.. go for the one that looks the baddest... and we know which one that is..

hey man - no offense, cause we all start somewhere ( i started on a DS80). But you're coming from a crf230 playbike and going to a full on race machine... frankly, its not going to matter which bike you pick - it'll be night and day.. go for the one that looks the baddest... and we know which one that is..

KTM of course.

but yes i agree with you, itll be a night and day difference, just sit on them all and see which on u like. the sxf has way smoother power than the kxf. just my opinion but i think the kxf will be a little overwhelming for you. it has a huge monster hit off the bottom but kindof flatttens out on top.

well honda is gonan need more maintence because of there valve prob. i have a kx250f and love it but i would say get a 08 kawasaki kx250f