CR125, YZ125, KTM125, RM125 or KX125

Which bike produces the most power, has the best handling, has the shortest seat height, and weighs the least? Basically, which is the best for a 5'4 140lbs male rider?

honda, suzuki, and kawasaki quit puttin r&d into them, and they will soon stop produciton for them. ktm and yamaha are the only ones still in the game. the yz is the all around best. but ktm has just a good if not slighty better engine, and i think the seat height is 3-5" shorter than the yz which is 39" but also yamaha is the lighter one(190). i would personaly get the yz. just hang off the seat and one-foot it when your stopped

and also i dont think ktm's suspension is that bad anymore but yamaha does have the better handling. its basically color preference between those two bikes

08_yz125_blue_1_ffae8545.jpg

125sx.jpg

you also have to keem in mind that ktm comes with brembo brakes, hydrolic clutch, v force reed, and some other goodies

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/31/0/home.aspx

http://www.ktmusa.com/125-SX.30.20.html

(ok im finished editing lol)

honda, suzuki, and kawasaki quit puttin r&d into them, and they will soon stop produciton for them. ktm and yamaha are the only ones still in the game. the yz is the all around best. but ktm has just a good if not slighty better engine, and i think the seat height is 3-5" shorter than the yz which is 39" but also yamaha is the lighter one(190). i would personaly get the yz. just hang off the seat and one-foot it when your stopped

and also i dont think ktm's suspension is that bad anymore but yamaha does have the better handling. its basically color preference between those two bikes

08_yz125_blue_1_ffae8545.jpg

125sx.jpg

you also have to keem in mind that ktm comes with brembo brakes, hydrolic clutch, v force reed, and some other goodies

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/31/0/home.aspx

http://www.ktmusa.com/125-SX.30.20.html

(ok im finished editing lol)

\

Thanks a lot!!:thumbsup:

well, you got everything right but the seat hight on the YZ125. its actually about 36-37 inches. just about the same as my 06 YZ250F.

DEFINITELY go with the yamaha tho. its the best 125 on the market :thumbsup:

yea there both good bikes. the clutch on my 07 yz125 is easier to pull then my friends 05 sx125 hydraulic clutch and i think his brakes are a little touchy

the yz' is definitly the better bike in the long run. if ktm would just go to the aluminum frame and link style suspension. OR just an aluminum frame. theyd be very good bikes...not that they arent right now. lol

well i went to the track with my friend today just to test an 06 yz 125 (mine) and my friends 06 ktm 125 we made them both stock just for this.. i rode his he rode mine well you shift alot more on the ktm.. the yz revs and screams instant the ktm doesnt the yz suspention stock is alot better.. we set both bikes to what the book says the yz rear brake pedal you dont hit much were the ktm you have to push it WAYYY down yz corners better. imo the yz jerks my head when it hooks up.. ktm not so much i dont know my opinion.. my friend agrees the yz is better and is selling his ktm for one

the yz' is definitly the better bike in the long run. if ktm would just go to the aluminum frame and link style suspension. OR just an aluminum frame. theyd be very good bikes...not that they arent right now. lol

without the link style thats one more huge maintenince job you dont have to do:thumbsup:

i would still get the yz though, im yamasmah loyal:ride:

plus they look better imo:prof:

plus they look better imo:prof:

ha your kidding right?

nope, yz's are totally sexy.

the new ktms are more of like a husaburg(sp?) gasgas exoticy look now(not that it doesnt look that good i just prefer the jap bikes look). i liked the 05's and 06's though

dont be so scared about seat height.

I'm 5'4 160 and have ridden the cr and the yz.

Currently i'm on a yz125 and a crf450

go with the yz.

GO with the best 125 over 10 years running... YZ125 :thumbsup:

even from the looks of these two bikes, the blue bike is miles ahead in aesthetics :ride:

on the aspect of peak power, yup, the 125SX breathes out (according to their website) 37 hp - thanks to the VF 3 that comes with it. the YZ125 is around 34 hp with the stock reed. putting a VF 3 into it and jetting for it would add up more peak power for the blue 125 and "might" be able to match up the 125SX :thumbsup:

on the aspect of usable power along the entire rpm, nothing beats the YZ125 - i like it a lot in tight trails :thumbsup:

06 & 07 SX125 have had issues with rings and pistons failing. Parts have been hard to get this season as well due to the transition of a KTM new plant.

How about a YZ 250!