CR125, YZ125, KTM125, RM125 or KX125

Which bike produces the most power, has the best handling, has the shortest seat height, and weighs the least? Basically, which is the best for a 5'4 140lbs male rider?

Watch for comparison tests in DIRT BIKE , MXA or Dirt Rider to get the info you are looking for .

The mag tests are OK.

In today's world it is mostly Yamaha and KTM unless you want to look at Husky or Gas Gas etc. KX's are no longer sold in the US. Honda is done. That leaves Suzuki, old tech.

YZ's and SX's are still receiving updates and getting better each year. I have ridden a 05 YZ and wound up with a KTM for a couple of reasons, the KTM had more balls in 06 than the either the 05 YZ or SX. I really did like the YZ but I am a little partial to KTM because of the guys I ride with or around have had excellent results. I would easily ride a YZ today if KTM was not an option. I know two AA riders who switched to KTM and they are happy with the choice and clearly could go back, neither want to.

Weight is not much of an issue on these ultra light bikes but I read that YZ's are a little lighter. It felt the same to me, but then again, I don't notice 5 lbs as much as some might.

The mag tests are OK.

In today's world it is mostly Yamaha and KTM unless you want to look at Husky or Gas Gas etc. KX's are no longer sold in the US. Honda is done. That leaves Suzuki, old tech.

YZ's and SX's are still receiving updates and getting better each year. I have ridden a 05 YZ and wound up with a KTM for a couple of reasons, the KTM had more balls in 06 than the either the 05 YZ or SX. I really did like the YZ but I am a little partial to KTM because of the guys I ride with or around have had excellent results. I would easily ride a YZ today if KTM was not an option. I know two AA riders who switched to KTM and they are happy with the choice and clearly could go back, neither want to.

Weight is not much of an issue on these ultra light bikes but I read that YZ's are a little lighter. It felt the same to me, but then again, I don't notice 5 lbs as much as some might.

had you've ridden the '06 and up YZ125, you would have changed your mind... '05 is alum frame, and yes, they received engine updates that time of the year... yet engine-and suspension-wise, comparing it with the '06 YZ125, the latter is far superior... as micheal young, clearly stated, he was so impressed of the '06 YZ125 and how much work yamaha is doing to keep the 2-stroke alive... this bike is definitely the bike to choose from amongst the 125's :thumbsup:

check out one today... :ride:

ive seen dyno charts on the bikes. ktm has the most horsepower. suspension should be fine for you because its set light anyways and they all weigh the same anyways. id look at it like this

ktm- 10

yam- 9.5

kx- 8

honda- 7

suzuki- 5

just my opinion though!

38 hp for the 06 125sx...for moto work it rocks ..also in the dez...just ficcle with the suspension. the sx is just as fast as my 05 525 no sh--!! the 125 weighs in at 203? it's light and looks awesome. jmho!

go for the ktm, they have a low seat and probly most definatly weighs the least as everything is alumimium.not sure on the power my my dads is perfects power for him and he's 5'11. my opinion GET A PUMPKIN :thumbsup:

I have not ridden an 06 YZ 125. I don't think I need to even though if I was given the opportunity I would....however, a friend of mine who is a Yamaha rep and rides a 06 YZ 125 (no longer stock), took my bike for a spin while his was being big bored....he said the KTM clearly had more balls. He is a bigger guy at 230 and 48 years old, he was a pro in his day as well. I believe what he says.

Now, should I assume you have ridden a 06 YZ and 06 SX, and a 07 YZ and 07 SX. Before telling me I am wrong about my opinion you might want to tell me why in a more convincing manner. I have nothing against Yamaha at all and quite frankly have been looking that direction if I decide to step away from KTM. Ron Schmelze and I have had this conversation everytime we get together at an event and he rides KTM now. Basically, you can't go wrong with either, just depends on the personal preference of the rider and what experiences they have had. I have had outstanding results with all my KTM's and that makes it difficult to move away.