CR125, YZ125, KTM125, RM125 or KX125

Which bike produces the most power, has the best handling, has the shortest seat height, and weighs the least? Basically, which is the best for a 5'4 140lbs male rider?

Hands down any '99 or newer YZ125 is the bike you want. DONT even bother with the others unless you can get one for unbelievably cheap.

YZ, no questions asked.

YZ 125 is the best 125 made/

KTM

Great motors,lower seat heights, and they come from the factory with better parts (aftermarket) installed. The others may handle a little better, but unless you're an expert rider that can ride it to its potential you won't know the difference.

I say go for an RM125 (01+), KX125 (03-05 were really good bikes and had really good suspension), YZ125 (01 or newer because of the bigger carb, but the other years were good also), or a CR125 (96 or 97 only). All 125's are good from 2001 on except the CR. Go try them out and then buy which one you liked best.

steer clear of the honda and kawi, the 03 and newer i beilieve where redesigned but still not worth it, suzuki and ktm are alright but ktms seem to be going for more than they are worth and suzukis are not as fast as the yamis i would definitly go for the yamaha, they always turn up at good prices, especially the 97-04s good luck

I say go for an RM125 (01+), KX125 (03-05 were really good bikes and had really good suspension), YZ125 (01 or newer because of the bigger carb, but the other years were good also), or a CR125 (96 or 97 only). All 125's are good from 2001 on except the CR. Go try them out and then buy which one you liked best.

I would steer clear of any KX. Every one of their bikes has rated dead last, or second to last in every magazine test for years. Not much devopment or innovation in either the 125 or the 250 for quite some time. There are much better bikes available for the money.

Yamaha makes the best tiddler out there and they are reliable too. Trust me on this. :prof:

Yea what he said.

Ktm...

I would steer clear of any KX. Every one of their bikes has rated dead last, or second to last in every magazine test for years. Not much devopment or innovation in either the 125 or the 250 for quite some time. There are much better bikes available for the money.

Probably due to them not paying any of the mags as much as the other companies are......

Probably due to them not paying any of the mags as much as the other companies are......

Mag's report as much factual information as they do opinion. Technical specs are technical specs. The frame geometry and suspensions are junk, and have been junk on KX 2 strokes for years. The motors on paper may make as much HP as the other bikes, but always have some odd hit to them, or make power in such a way that they are unusable to anybody less than a pro. The bottom line is that you can get much better for your money.

yz is the tallest tho. its 39" seat height and i know the kx rm and cr are 37" seat height. i have the same problem as you as im also short at 5'5" but i weigh only 115 pounds.

i am a honda but i have to say yamaha nailed the 125 this year for ll around performance