Gas tank off and X on an R?

Anybody know if an X gas tank will fit on an 05 CRF R? Thanks for the help

Reedus

Anybody know if an X gas tank will fit on an 05 CRF R? Thanks for the help

Reedus

I've read several posts on TT that say they will, but you would also need a set of the X rad shrouds for the bolt pattern to match up.

It fits with no mods at all, I had one on my 06 CRF450R and took it off after one ride, it was too big for my taste, and promised my bike that I would never do that to her again

If you get the complete X tank and X petcock (I wanted a reserve for the woods). you need a longer bolt that mounts the petcock and some washers to shim it out about 10mm so it does not touch the top of the engine.

It fits with no mods at all, I had one on my 06 CRF450R and took it off after one ride, it was too big for my taste, and promised my bike that I would never do that to her again

If you get the complete X tank and X petcock (I wanted a reserve for the woods). you need a longer bolt that mounts the petcock and some washers to shim it out about 10mm so it does not touch the top of the engine.

Were you able to use your stock 450R rad shrouds???

Yep the stock shrouds mount fine, if you decide to keep the tank you may want to cut a small triangle out of each shroud so it will fit just a bit better. You'll know what I'm talking about if you put the tank on.