Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

anyone have a N3EJ needle they don't want anymore

Recommended Posts

I wanna try this needle and it seems like its the stock needle on I think the 06-07 YZ250, but I don't want to wait 1 1/2 weeks to get it and pay $20 with shipping. So does anyone have an extra N3EJ they could ship real quick, and I could pay you like $10(the price it is for a new one without shipping) from paypal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $8 w/tax at the dealer, took 4 days.

It's stock on the '06, '07 was a half step richer. It cleaned up my '07 a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna try a stock needle too in my 01. Has a N3CW, whatever the hell that is. Oh well, hope you get yours soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suzuki, at one time, had half-clips that were furnished with the rm 250. If you bought one of these, your old needle would be equal to the one your looking for.

I have not tried to buy one, but I am sure its possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Suzuki, at one time, had half-clips that were furnished with the rm 250. If you bought one of these, your old needle would be equal to the one your looking for.

I have not tried to buy one, but I am sure its possible.

How??

I have a N8RH in it right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How??

I have a N8RH in it right now.

Holy crap, I just looked up that needle, that is the richest needle that Yamaha sells. It looks like it is for Europe also and not the US. I bet your bike will run like a raped ape when you put the right needle back in. Is there anything done to the bike that would require a rich needle like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holy crap, I just looked up that needle, that is the richest needle that Yamaha sells. It looks like it is for Europe also and not the US. I bet your bike will run like a raped ape when you put the right needle back in. Is there anything done to the bike that would require a rich needle like this?

well...thats the stock needle in a 03 RM250. And you can search anywhere, and you will find that 03 RM250's are rich in the mid and the only real way to make the bike crisp in the mid. Is to get a either a JD jetting needle or a N3## needle because the needle profile is just way too rich.

If you don't mind, can you look to see in the Yamaha manual(I'm guessing thats where your looking) and see where a N3EJ needle stands on the rich-lean needle guide thing Yamaha has in there manuals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like the clip position on the N3EJ is half a clip position leaner than the N8RH which really isn't much. The main difference is the straight portion of the needle's diameter which is the H part. The n3ej seems to be about 2 steps leaner on the straight portion, which mainly affects 1/4 throttle. What clip position do you have your needle in, and where is it running poorly, 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it looks like the clip position on the N3EJ is half a clip position leaner than the N8RH which really isn't much. The main difference is the straight portion of the needle's diameter which is the H part. The n3ej seems to be about 2 steps leaner on the straight portion, which mainly affects 1/4 throttle. What clip position do you have your needle in, and where is it running poorly, 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle??

aight thank very much.

It feels rich pretty much rich from 1/4-1/2... but more so 1/4 than 1/2. Then it pulls forever on top. And its in 3rd clip right, but 2nd clip just doesn't feel right. I'm pretty sure the N3EJ will be alot better. Because it seems like its leaner down low, then it stays about the same up high(3/4 throttle).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also have a NR8J which is pretty much what you have now but with the same diameter straight portion as the N3EJ. If you know the bike runs awesome in the mid range right now I would try the NR8J. You said your bike didn't like the 2nd clip position. I doubt it will make much of a difference though with the only difference between the NR8J and the N3EJ being half a clip position difference. Good luck, and keep us updated on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They also have a NR8J which is pretty much what you have now but with the same diameter straight portion as the N3EJ. If you know the bike runs awesome in the mid range right now I would try the NR8J. You said your bike didn't like the 2nd clip position. I doubt it will make much of a difference though with the only difference between the NR8J and the N3EJ being half a clip position difference. Good luck, and keep us updated on this.

haha...man I just ordered the N3EJ...but ya thanks for helping tho.

But to be honest, I've only rode the bike about 15 minutes because I got it last weekend but I was waiting all this week for some OEM parts(one of the parts was a topend) to get the bike up to my "standard" which is perfection,before I even rode it. And I was just going over the bike again, and I just found a part I wanna replace before I even ride it because I could seize the bike if I don't replace...lets just say it would cause a MAJOR air leak.

But not to brag, but I'm hella good jetting and I can usually tell within 30 seconds what needs to be adjusted. And I messed with the air screw and needle for like 7 minutes and I knew I was never gonna get it right with stock needle, and 99% of the other people can't either with the stock needle.

But I'll definetly post what I find with the needle. And write a small ride report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the N3EJ-3 has a larger diameter straight portion it starts to deliver less fuel than the N8RH-3 just off idle, and gradually continues to do so untill 1/8 throttle, where it levels off at @ 5% less fuel. At 3/16 throttle the 1/2 clip postion starts in delivering even less fuel (additional 2%), for a total of 7% less fuel at 5/16 throttle, from here fuel delivery gradually increases untill @ 5/8 throttle where both needles deliver the same amount of fuel thru the rest of the throttle range. This is from JD's spread sheet, if any of that made sense (LOL), thank him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Because the N3EJ-3 has a larger diameter straight portion it starts to deliver less fuel than the N8RH-3 just off idle, and gradually continues to do so untill 1/8 throttle, where it levels off at @ 5% less fuel. At 3/16 throttle the 1/2 clip postion starts in delivering even less fuel (additional 2%), for a total of 7% less fuel at 5/16 throttle, from here fuel delivery gradually increases untill @ 5/8 throttle where both needles deliver the same amount of fuel thru the rest of the throttle range. This is from JD's spread sheet, if any of that made sense (LOL), thank him!

Good info, I wish yamaha would have been a little bit more specific on the changes. Where can I get one of these spread sheets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the JD jetting guide try here http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/home.php?cat=2 it's a pretty cool tool for 25$ plus shipping, don't know why he charges shipping as it's just a down load. The down side is it's just for some Kehin carbs and does not have all the different manufacturers needles nor does it show the effects of power jets, I think it does have all the sudco needles. You can change needles, clip positions even 1/2 clip positions, pilot jets, main jets, and slides, and compare up to 5 different setups on one graph. If you know your needles, you can get graphs for needles that aren't in the program by manipulating it a little. An example might be the N3CJ's are not in the program but the N3EJ's are, and since we know the only difference between them is the CJ's are a half clip leaner you program in a N3EJ with a .5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, or a 4.5 clip position, so an N3EJ-3.5 = N3CJ-4. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×