92 DR350 carb. problem

I have a 92 DR350 S with Mikuni carb. It has the vacuum fuel cock on it. I have been having a problem with the carb overfilling, and was wondering if anyone would know what is causing this. The only thing I could think of is a sticking float. It start fine, but after a little bit, the hose on the top right side will start pouring fuel out, it is the hose that comes off the back top right of the carb and is just routed up under the seat into the frame of the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have a 92 DR350 S with Mikuni carb. It has the vacuum fuel cock on it. I have been having a problem with the carb overfilling, and was wondering if anyone would know what is causing this. The only thing I could think of is a sticking float. It start fine, but after a little bit, the hose on the top right side will start pouring fuel out, it is the hose that comes off the back top right of the carb and is just routed up under the seat into the frame of the bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a carb cleaning is required! Check float condition and needle/seat for damage. If all is clean and in good condition then your float level needs to be adjusted. It could be set so high that the needle never touches the seat. My bet is a good cleaning will fix the problem. Make sure to check the fuel petcock strainer(s) for existance and condition. An line fuel filter is not a bad idea if you have room in the line for one. This could be a substitute for a damaged or missing petcock strainer. If there is garbage in your strainer, or carb if the strainer is missing, a good tank clean out would be needed. Finally if the carb, tank and strainer(s) are not full of dirt and garbage it may be just varnish from a bike that has set for too long. Either way carb removal and cleaning is the best cure. :thumbsup:

I tore the carb all the way down and completely cleaned, guess maybe I got more in it or missed a little. I will try again.

I tore the carb all the way down and completely cleaned, guess maybe I got more in it or missed a little. I will try again.

Inspect the needle and seat carefully if you are sure there is no junk in the carb. It doesn't take much too render these items useless. If all is well there review float height settings. :thumbsup:

Also, make sure that the petcock is not in the "prim" position. This is a gravity feed position and will free flow fuel. Always make sure it's in "on".

Also, pull the needle seat out and check the o-ring around the seat. If it's dry rotted or cracked, this can be the cause also.

Mike

Yep, check that o-ring and the needle/seat, both are failure prone on these things.