Ebay confusion

ok so i was looking aroung ebay and came across these new set of hot cams stage 1 for a kx250f..now if thid guy is for real i wish i could of seen this befor i bought my stage one..well any way here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250149591588&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

now he says its BRAND NEW" but in one of the pics i see some of the black on the cam lobes fading off normally from normal use..what do u guys think?

i emailed him to ask and the guys says "no they are brand new.... there appears to be some minor oxidation to the steel... but they have never been installed or used on a bike"

Check his feedback rating. Digital photos on eBay are poor and don't show a lot of detail, so you may just be seeing a shadow.

they do kinda look used but its hard to tell

No negs in more than a year. I'd say he's honest. However, if he's really selling it for a friend (quite likely) the friend might not be honest about the condition.

But if you're not buying them, what's the diff?

no already have them..i was just wondering what you guys thought...i think its used

Ask for a refund. Tell them you will file an eBay dispute if not. Offer to eat the shipping both ways, but otherwise a full refund.

IF THE CAMS ARE ACTUALLY USED, of course.

no already have them..i was just wondering what you guys thought...i think its used

The intake looked like a stocker, in the photo. Is there any markings on the base of the lobe, like the exh? Should have a four letter code beginning with "HC", and also a "NO. 41"