Needed, Some obtuse information

Now that I have your attention, I am trying to find out what the thread diameter and pitch of the temp sensor in the right hand radiator (not the left, fan one unless of course they are identical). I could remove mine, measure it, but I do not want to have to refill the system more than the one time I will when I change out the sensor. Anyone have the just the facts, Jack? :worthy:

Anyone?????

You'r on your own with this one. Just take it out an look at it.

LOL, Hi Ralph, yeah, I was afraid of that. Not a biggie thing I was thinking about. It can certainly wait. Just wanted to pre-order stuff so when the time comes, down time is minimized.

What I want to do is loose the OEM "On/Off" warning light, put in a thermocouple. I want to leave the 6mm bleeder alone on the left radiator, so I figured since the warning light was no longer needed, what a perfect spot for my sensor. Plus, I think I'll have a more consistent immersion in coolant using the OEM sensor location.

On a slightly related note, anyone have thoughts on which oil galley plug is best for an oil pressure sensor?

You should be able to unscrew it enough to measure, without dumping all the fluid.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

Hiya Neil.

Actually, there is just enough protruding for me to get a diameter but.... Is it tapered threads.... what is the thread pitch.....

Have to pull it to get a thread gauge on it. No one had a radiator under thier workbench.... all crushed and deperesed, looking to serve its' master at least one more time by providing needed data?

It's M6x1.0 - thats the size sensor I had Trailtech supply for the Vepor.:ride:

I appreciate the effort, but that is the size for the bleed screw. I am trying to get the diameter and pitch of the OEM sensor next to the radiator cap. It operates the Indicator light on the OEM light strip.

Thanks anyways :)

there is just enough protruding for me to get a diameter but.... Is it tapered threads.... what is the thread pitch.....

Yep, pipe threads, at least some car engine sensors are. So, no metric standard within your measurement?

I did not even try yet. If I do not get a definitive answer in a day or so, I'll have to take the sensor out and measure. I am assuming it is a taper thread, but.... I want to know for sure.

On a slightly related note, anyone have thoughts on which oil galley plug is best for an oil pressure sensor?

I would think a PM to Uncle Bob would give you that info :busted:

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

Ah, good call Neil, I'll shoot him a PM, Thanks! :thumbsup:

I did not even try yet. If I do not get a definitive answer in a day or so, I'll have to take the sensor out and measure. I am assuming it is a taper thread, but.... I want to know for sure.

not a tapered thread.

Thanks Eddie, maybe I can safely get a read on the diameter and pitch without removing it. :thumbsup:

It's up near the top right?

Just go to the supermarket, get some distilled water and take your sensor out.

It won't drain that much (a half a cup :excuseme: ) Take it to the harware store and match it up. Then put it in and fill with some distilled water.

It's summer, you don't need to add any antifreeze. :)

It's up near the top right?

Just go to the supermarket, get some distilled water and take your sensor out.

It won't drain that much (a half a cup :excuseme: ) Take it to the harware store and match it up. Then put it in and fill with some distilled water.

It's summer, you don't need to add any antifreeze. :)

Or you could lay the bike over and take it out....