Sign in to follow this  

Needed, Some obtuse information

Now that I have your attention, I am trying to find out what the thread diameter and pitch of the temp sensor in the right hand radiator (not the left, fan one unless of course they are identical). I could remove mine, measure it, but I do not want to have to refill the system more than the one time I will when I change out the sensor. Anyone have the just the facts, Jack? :worthy:

You'r on your own with this one. Just take it out an look at it.

LOL, Hi Ralph, yeah, I was afraid of that. Not a biggie thing I was thinking about. It can certainly wait. Just wanted to pre-order stuff so when the time comes, down time is minimized.

What I want to do is loose the OEM "On/Off" warning light, put in a thermocouple. I want to leave the 6mm bleeder alone on the left radiator, so I figured since the warning light was no longer needed, what a perfect spot for my sensor. Plus, I think I'll have a more consistent immersion in coolant using the OEM sensor location.

On a slightly related note, anyone have thoughts on which oil galley plug is best for an oil pressure sensor?

Hiya Neil.

Actually, there is just enough protruding for me to get a diameter but.... Is it tapered threads.... what is the thread pitch.....

Have to pull it to get a thread gauge on it. No one had a radiator under thier workbench.... all crushed and deperesed, looking to serve its' master at least one more time by providing needed data?

It's M6x1.0 - thats the size sensor I had Trailtech supply for the Vepor.:ride:

there is just enough protruding for me to get a diameter but.... Is it tapered threads.... what is the thread pitch.....

Yep, pipe threads, at least some car engine sensors are. So, no metric standard within your measurement?

I did not even try yet. If I do not get a definitive answer in a day or so, I'll have to take the sensor out and measure. I am assuming it is a taper thread, but.... I want to know for sure.

On a slightly related note, anyone have thoughts on which oil galley plug is best for an oil pressure sensor?

I would think a PM to Uncle Bob would give you that info :busted:

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

I did not even try yet. If I do not get a definitive answer in a day or so, I'll have to take the sensor out and measure. I am assuming it is a taper thread, but.... I want to know for sure.

not a tapered thread.

It's up near the top right?

Just go to the supermarket, get some distilled water and take your sensor out.

It won't drain that much (a half a cup :excuseme: ) Take it to the harware store and match it up. Then put it in and fill with some distilled water.

It's summer, you don't need to add any antifreeze. :)

It's up near the top right?

Just go to the supermarket, get some distilled water and take your sensor out.

It won't drain that much (a half a cup :excuseme: ) Take it to the harware store and match it up. Then put it in and fill with some distilled water.

It's summer, you don't need to add any antifreeze. :)

Or you could lay the bike over and take it out....