Race around the Lake

I heard its been a very dry year and their concerned about fire hazard. So they are waiting to get the okay from the rangers if they will allow the race.

If so, they will post the date of the race, lets hope so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just found out it's a not happening this year, hopefully next year.

What a bummer I had such a great time last year.

Yea its always been a great time each year, but 80 bucks last year, what is it going to be next year? $100? Count me out. I'll go race up at zaca station for $50. Best track around..?

Yea its always been a great time each year, but 80 bucks last year, what is it going to be next year? $100? Count me out. I'll go race up at zaca station for $50. Best track around..?

It's a pretty lame race anyway, racing on concrete walking paths and asphalt.? I did it two years ago and would never do it again. Come race a D-37 desert race, it only cost around $ 35.00, and you get to race for 80 miles.?

Shane Trittler where are you?? I think he wore out his welcome with the Castaic peeps.. Plus the costs and Politics were not worth the effort..

Just my Opinon..

Maybe Shane is still putting the labels on the Trophies from 2 years ago. I had to hunt mine down and 6 weeks later! He hadnt even put the labels on them! He gave it to me with no label. And that was after someone snaked my first place by cutting the course beginning the sand section. My first and only win, I was bummed. Great race but poorly managed.

• 3 months later...

it didnt happen because their is construction goin on over at the lower lake and the county didnt want the hazard of having a race or the problems cleaning up after, but i hear thier gonna push again to have it next year if its clear to set up

:banghead::busted: They didn't give us results two years ago!!

Also that's what makes it fun/different alittle of everything cement paths,ashphalt, sand,mud,etc....it was alittle on the high side for a race.

Hey Tom, Didn't you beat me last year?? I think i finished 2nd behind you?

DSC03523.jpg