Jetting Question for Stock 2006 250f

My bike is piped and jetted now, but I recently wrecked and banged up the exhaust pretty bad. So I am going to swap the stock exhaust back on and need to know the hot ticket for jetting a stock bike. I am near sea level and ride mostly moto. The bike has a 172 main 42 pilot and needle #16187-0093on the third clip (i think). I did a search but did not see much for the stock bikes.

This might sound stupid but why don't you just run the settings in the manual, you near sea level so the stock main, needle, pilot and mixture screw settings should work fine or at least give you a starting point.

Yeah if I don't get a good response then that is what I will do. It's just that even at sea level I rarely see bikes that have "good" factory stock jetting.

Keep the jets that you have in there already. Just adjust the fuel screw until it sounds and feels ok, as long as your not popping on deceleration everything will run fine. (pop on deceleration=turn fuel screw OUT)

im around the same elevation what you have should work for the stock pipe...try it out...the pilot is good for sea leve-2000 ft. try checking the main and the needle circuit...a really cool tip is to find a long field, long enough that you can coast at 1/2- WOT for like 10 seconds or so. what i did was warmed it up with the same plug then turned it off and put in a new plug in. Then i started it and Ride the bike at 1/2 throttle position making sure the throttle is always at a steady position,so the accelerator pump isn't activated. Then go up from 1/2 to full throttle position. At the end of the course, pull in the clutch and hit the kill switch and "Do not allow the engine to idle or coast to a stop" basically pull in the clutch, kill it, and dnt coast just hit the brakes...then inspect the plug and look into the electrode

if its white=lean

if its black and wet= rich

tan colored= goog main jet.

after that you can fool around withthe neeedle position by changing positions and checking which is best to work with the pilot and main circuit

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Robert Rice
      Okay so I picked up a 2018 kx250f the other week and took it riding and it was BAD ASS! I have a 2002 ktm125sx and it’ll whoop that thing any day! I’m going to the sand dunes this weekend and gonna use the 6 paddle I used on my 125. Should I be using an 8 paddle with a larger rear sprocket? I wouldn’t want my first experience in the dunes on this bike to be a bummer just because I had the wrong paddle on. 
    • By TPA-MX
      Hi guys,
      I have a 2014 KX250f that has a super small hairline, I mean super small hairline crack just under the main engine plug hold on the ignition cover.  You cant really see it, but it "slowly" will leak oil out if let set long enough.
      I would like to permanently fix it.  Right now, I just used some clear silicone on the outside and it stoped the leaking.  However, looking to sell the bike and I want more of a permanent fix.  The 3 options I see are:
      Replace just the ignition cover Replace the entire Stator/ignition cover Use some jb weld on the outside, sand down and paint My questions are:
      On #1, how hard would it be to use my existing stator / magneto items and install in a new cover? On #3, can JB Weld be grinded/sanded down to a smooth finish?  If so, what is the best material to use?  Regular wet/dry sandpaper?  If I go this route, I would want it to look decent, then paint the entire cover black with hi-temp black paint.   What would you recommend?  Am I missing any other alternatives?   Thanks!
    • By rollin30
      I need a subframe for a kx250f and an exhaust system too
    • By rollin30
      I need a subframe for a kx250f and an exhaust system too
    • By Andrew Oberther
      I picked up an 09 kx250f as a winter project and it had a chewed up head, and is unrepairable. I was online and found a 2011 kx250f head and was wondering if it would fit. Thanks.