Does anybody workout in their pool?

Aside from swimming laps, I'd like to hear ideas for workouts in a pool using water weights and body weight.

Additionally, I'd love to hear of some workout that builds muscle endurance and cardio using those kid's water darts that sink to the bottom of the pool.

lol i wish i had a pool:cry:

I always go into the pool with the mission of doing a few laps and workin out but I always seem to end up on the floater drinking beer.......

I always go into the pool with the mission of doing a few laps and workin out but I always seem to end up on the floater drinking beer.......

hahahahaahaha sounds like fun:ride:

yeah. i go into my pool and swim laps all the time. try to swim underwater just using your arms. that helps me. i even brought weights into the pools. like 45 pounds on a bar and i sunk to the bottom of the deep end and tried to jump all the way to the top. good work out.

I hear ya.

yeah. i go into my pool and swim laps all the time. try to swim underwater just using your arms. that helps me. i even brought weights into the pools. like 45 pounds on a bar and i sunk to the bottom of the deep end and tried to jump all the way to the top. good work out.

Yeah I'll do the standard American Crawl back and forth until it gets old. Then I try to swim back and forth completly underwater for awhile. I also like to imagine that my legs don't work and I swim backwards using my arms and shoulders.

I really want to work weights into the work out. I'd like to find weights made specificly for pools. Are you worried about your 45s and bar damaging your plaster?

go to your local pool store they will have hundreds of things for you to work out with. im a lifeguard so i swim all the time but the exersises i use the most is taking a 5lbs brick and tred water for 5mins holding the brick out of the water with both hands limiting you to use only your legs. there is another tool that i use, it goes between your legs and limits you from swimming laps using your legs, so you'll be doing all your laps with just your arms this helps with being able to man handle the bike...

when swimming laps try to set goals, 500meters in a regular olympic pool is 10 laps there and back. or 20 laps just to the other side being 1 coming back being 2 and so on. try to do the 500 meter under 10minutes. setting goals when working out is the best thing for you, once you reach those goals set more goals just dont make them so rediculous that you get discuraged and give up.

Take a woman in with ya thats what i do LOL thats a good workout lots of cardio.

Take a woman in with ya thats what i do LOL thats a good workout lots of cardio.

its also the fastest exercise option:goofy:

I would do taekwondo forms, it is a pretty good work out.

I would do taekwondo forms, it is a pretty good work out.

+ 1 assuming you know tae kwon do forms or any forms for that matter.

Yeah I'll do the standard American Crawl back and forth until it gets old. Then I try to swim back and forth completly underwater for awhile. I also like to imagine that my legs don't work and I swim backwards using my arms and shoulders.

I really want to work weights into the work out. I'd like to find weights made specificly for pools. Are you worried about your 45s and bar damaging your plaster?

no, i dont have plaster, i got a liner. and the weights are wrapped in a plastic so if i drop it it wont cut it. i usually just swim underwater with just my arms, i find that it works the best.

go to your local pool store they will have hundreds of things for you to work out with. im a lifeguard so i swim all the time but the exersises i use the most is taking a 5lbs brick and tred water for 5mins holding the brick out of the water with both hands limiting you to use only your legs. there is another tool that i use, it goes between your legs and limits you from swimming laps using your legs, so you'll be doing all your laps with just your arms this helps with being able to man handle the bike...

when swimming laps try to set goals, 500meters in a regular olympic pool is 10 laps there and back. or 20 laps just to the other side being 1 coming back being 2 and so on. try to do the 500 meter under 10minutes. setting goals when working out is the best thing for you, once you reach those goals set more goals just dont make them so rediculous that you get discuraged and give up.

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks.

no, i dont have plaster, i got a liner. and the weights are wrapped in a plastic so if i drop it it wont cut it. i usually just swim underwater with just my arms, i find that it works the best.

:thumbsup:

Doing various strokes works, treading water with just you legs also works. I find that this helps my endurance too (lung capacity).