Where to buy a 150f pilot jet?!

Ok I did the power up mod a couple months ago, what a great improvement..

but damn my bike is HARD as hell to start... its ALWAYS taken like 5+ kicks to start it since I bought it, and now that I jetted it, sometimes it can take 20+ kicks to start,even while warm!

I tried my local honda shop, local yamaha shop, and a local private dirt bike fix shop.. none had any pilot jets under 60 in stock and said they can't get anything smaller..

And I can't find anywhere online that sells just 1 pilot jet..

I think its a 42 I need? im at 850 foot with stock exhaust and air box with it uncorked..

Also while im at it, would a 45 maybe evne be better? or would that be too much?

Just trying to get my bike to start good... I was kinda pissed when I was at my local trails, and 2 guys on old 2 strokes started there bikes up first kick without giving them gas..

And my friend with a OLD POS raptor starts up just as soon as you hit the start button..

AND my friends cr80 thats 9 years old and has been BEAT TO HELL starts 1st kick everytime...

its sad being on the newest bike out of all my friends, and it not starting ever.

i think a bigger pilot might help with starting... like a 45. yeah these bikes are cold blooded as hell

And I can't find anywhere online that sells just 1 pilot jet..

The TT Store sells individual jets!!!!!

I'm not sure which ones you need though keihn or mikkuni, I'm at home right now and don't have what I need to find out. :)

Keihn jets

Mikuni jets

If you don't know..... just shoot the TT Store an email or call us!!!!

Here's part #'s #42 99103-kpt-0420 , # 45 99103-kpt-0450 , # 40 99103-kpt-0400 , # 38 99103-kpt-0380 , # 35 99103-kpt-0350 . order here http://www.servicehonda.com/

Thanks a lot everyone

hopefully I can make it have 1 kick lovin haha

anyone have any suggestions, 42 or 45? I want it to start GRAVY.. But I dont wanna have it be soo rich it wont start :)

Thanks a lot everyone

hopefully I can make it have 1 kick lovin haha

anyone have any suggestions, 42 or 45? I want it to start GRAVY.. But I dont wanna have it be soo rich it wont start :)

i run a 45 on my 230...

id say 42

Well if your like me, its cheaper to buy it from the dealer because everywhere else the shipping is just as expensive as the jets from the dealer. lol

Well if your like me, its cheaper to buy it from the dealer because everywhere else the shipping is just as expensive as the jets from the dealer. lol

my dealer said they couldn't get them..

BUT I didn't bring in my own part numbers

whats funny is my dealer actually GAVE me the 115 main jet I needed.. I went in and said "I dunno if I need a 110 or 115" and he just gave me 2 for free and said to bring back what I didn't use lol

But he didn't have any pilots under 50 or 60 in stock and said he couldn't get them..

I'l just go back with a part number

btw is the 42 pilot jet the STOCK pilot jet for the 230? If so it might make it easier to say that to my dealer

i dont know the stock settings for the 230, i will in about a week when i take it apart lol. I phones in the part number and they didnt have either in stock so they ordered them in for me.

i run a 45 over here. still no one kick start. my old beetin up 86 XR80 starts better than my 150. :crazy:

42 is stock for the 230

Towlieee, did you ever get your hard starting problem solved. My 04 150f takes 10-20 kicks when it is cold and has a 110 main, clip in the 4th, snorkel out, holes in the airbox and baffle out of the muffler, new plug and still is hard as hell to start. I am at sea level. My buddies all start theirs in a couple of kicks at most. Starts up first kick once it is warm. Did a new pilot help you? Is this a possible valve issue or is this a common 150F problem?

Buehler??

Towlieee, did you ever get your hard starting problem solved. My 04 150f takes 10-20 kicks when it is cold and has a 110 main, clip in the 4th, snorkel out, holes in the airbox and baffle out of the muffler, new plug and still is hard as hell to start. I am at sea level. My buddies all start theirs in a couple of kicks at most. Starts up first kick once it is warm. Did a new pilot help you? Is this a possible valve issue or is this a common 150F problem?

Buehler??

Change the pilot and adjust the fuel screw. It'll start a lot easier.

Buehler??

try a 42 or 45 pilot. i had the same problem as you. when i put in the 45 it started 2-3 kicks warm or cold

You are good people! Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it goes.

no problem man

42 pilot. Perfect started right up on the second try with tennis shoes! Thanks guys

thats weird. when i had a 42 pilot it took like 10 kicks to start :crazy: