Local Ohio Trail Riders?

I don't know many people around me that ride so I was wondering if there were any fellow TT'ers around the Bellefontaine, Sidney, or Urbana area to meet or ride with since my friends don't ride much anymore. I mostly ride trails and fields at my house with alittle track experience at Haspin Acres but any kind of riding is great. I would also be happy to help work on trails or anything like that because that's what I do here when I get bored.

I live in Sidney and usually ride and race Haspin. I just came back to off-road riding last year and really wanting to ride. I have been looking for a place to ride around Sidney area. Hope to meet you and ride together sometime soon.

Do you mind the drive to Wayne National Forest? If not, I'll take you out there sometime for trail riding. I know Wayne pretty well.

We have heard that Perry is good riding. Only been through it on a Dual sport ride once. We're thinking of coming down on Aug 19th. Its a couple hr drive to get there. Do you guys think its worth the drive??

I did Perry twice this year and love the place. It is about 2 1/2 hour drive for me. In particular, there are much more tighter trails than Wayne has and you can ride almost anywhere in the woods as you want. Also it's free of charge if you already got a sticker. If you have someone knows Perry very well, you will have a lot more fun. Unfortunaltely I will be back in Japan from Monday, so I can not join you guys on 8/19.

I am coming down from MI (former Buckeye) to ride Wayne 8/7 and 8/8. Probably riding from Dorr Run. Would like to meet up with someone, so I'm not goin' it alone. Avg rider DRZ400. bkent@telemarkcorp.com

I am coming down from MI (former Buckeye) to ride Wayne 8/7 and 8/8. Probably riding from Dorr Run. Would like to meet up with someone, so I'm not goin' it alone. Avg rider DRZ400. bkent@telemarkcorp.com

I'm confused. Isn't today 8/8 and your just now posting. Did you mean the 17th and 18th? If so, I may be able to go.

Crabtree, feel like going to Perry on the 19th? As I said we did one loop through and that was it.

I wish I could go, but I don't have a OHV sticker. I have no title or anything so I'm going to have to figure out a way to get a sticker so I can go sometime.

Crabtree, feel like going to Perry on the 19th? As I said we did one loop through and that was it.

I might be able to make Perry on the 19th. I'll know more by next week.

We have heard that Perry is good riding. Only been through it on a Dual sport ride once. We're thinking of coming down on Aug 19th. Its a couple hr drive to get there. Do you guys think its worth the drive??

:thumbsup: It's worth it. This is within site of the parking lot and there is a couple thousand acres more.

It use to be possible to do this at Wayne, and had 10s of thousands of acres, but now it's a federal crime.:cry: Now there is 80 miles of gravel road called trails. Better enjoy Perry while you can, never know when it my end.

dale-hill.jpg

I love that pic! I want to ride there.

I love that pic! I want to ride there.

I'll probably try to ride Perry on Friday before Labor day. 8/31/07

I haven't been there in a few years. I tend to like Wayne more just because it seems like Perry is not structured. You head out on a trail, and it dead ends or ends up in a jeep mud bog. As far as going, i'd be game to hit either. Saturdays work way better for me though. How about the 18th?

Dale and C-Bus.

It seems like we have been wanting to get a ride in together for years. The last two summers have been a major pain in my ass as far as getting some trail time. I promise we'll get a Wayne ride in. I'd like to make a fall ride with my TT buddies. Can you guys make the 18th or 19th? The 19th doesn't look good for me as of now but that may change. :ride:

Dale, you are right about the "golf cart paths" at Wayne but it's fun to haul ass and cover a lot of ground. I still like Wayne but they're starting to cater to families and quads.

Dale and C-Bus.

It seems like we have been wanting to get a ride in together for years. The last two summers have been a major pain in my ass as far as getting some trail time. I promise we'll get a Wayne ride in. I'd like to make a fall ride with my TT buddies. Can you guys make the 18th or 19th? The 19th doesn't look good for me as of now but that may change. :ride:

Same here, I remember when I first joined Tt we talked about going riding at Wayne lol.

Same here, I remember when I first joined Tt we talked about going riding at Wayne lol.

jjgixxer,

You're on my to call list also come fall. :ride:

Dale, you are right about the "golf cart paths" at Wayne but it's fun to haul ass and cover a lot of ground. I still like Wayne but they're starting to cater to families and quads.

I didn't ride at Wayne way back when it was a free for all like Perry, but in the 15 years I've been going there it has really changed.

I started out camping there on holiday weekends, now I wouldn't even attempt to ride on any weekend for fear of a quad head on.

My last ride at Wayne was April last year, it rained all night and the whole day while we rode and I still was in 4th gear all day.

Me and a few other TT riders have been riding on the Friday before each holiday for a few years now. We use to switch between Wayne and Perry, but it's just Perry now. Next one is coming up soon.

I'll probably try to ride Perry on Friday before Labor day. 8/31/07

I have to work on Friday. I'll try again next time.