New Thumper Talk feature!

There is now a 'wanted to buy' (WTB) section in the classifieds area where people can post things like "Does anyone have a newer TE450/510" type questions as well as parts wanted.

As you are all supposed to know already know - posting things for sale like bikes & bike parts are not supposed to be in this technical section but rather in the classifieds and/or in your sig. You all knew that - right? Others can mention you saw something in a sig or classifieds but you can't if you are selling the item.

The "wanted to buy" is new but will eventually be treated in the same manner as the for sale posts/threads.

I am acutely aware the classifieds don't get as much traffic as this section but that is the way TT is set up and if more people used the classifieds then everyones items for sale would get more attention.

Not sure how the "does anyone know of any good web sites to shop for used Husqvarnas" type threads will be treated - trying to get clarification on that.

As a reminder - anyone operating anything that could be considered to be commercial in nature is not supposed to say anything about that commercial operation - that includes - bike rentals for any purpose, tour companies, Husky Widget manufacturers, etc. You cannot mention events that are "free" to attend, items for sale, information on your web site, etc. - if you are operating one of those enterprises that could be considered commercial in nature. That includes offering to sell someone a bike or bike part regardless of how your company is set up.

Other people can post about those things - but if it is your company/product/service/etc. then you cannot. That is not an invitation to create another user account or call up a friend to post for you.

What is allowed is a link your commercial web site in your profile - the one that shows up when you click on a users name "Visit Home page". Other TTrs would appreciate being able to find out more about your company/product/service.

The key point to remember is - will you get money out of what you posting. If you are a bike dealer and are helping someone import a bike that information very much appreciated - as long as you are not getting any $ out of the deal.

This post is not intended to be comprehensive at all - just a heads up.

Trying very very hard to make this forum as useful as possible within the TT site rules. Still working on the stickys...

You cannot mention events that are "free" to attend,

Dean:

Thanks for the info. I think I understand the rules except for the one above. Does that mean we are not supposed to talk about events or rides even if they are not commercial enterprizes?:excuseme:

You cannot mention events that are "free" to attend,

Dean:

Thanks for the info. I think I understand the rules except for the one above. Does that mean we are not supposed to talk about events or rides even if they are not commercial enterprizes?:excuseme:

There are 2 categories that may result in $ coming into peoples hands - personal stuff to sell & ongoing commercial ventures.

The people with ongoing commercial ventures are not allowed to mention those ventures on TT including "come try out my new HuskyWidget on a certain day" or "visit our stores open house event with free milk and cookies".

If someone else unaffiliated with that commercial venture knows about a free event and posts - that would be fantastic & appreciated.

If someone knows about a product on the market and posts about it - that is also very much appreciated - but the guy making &/or selling that product is not supposed to post.

It has nothing at all to do with rides/gatherings/get togethers that are unaffiliated with commercial ventures.

My post does not affect 99.9% of the posts in the Husqvarna section - it is simply stating what has always been in place all along.

It is up to you guys to help each other out - if someone asks "can this XYZ product be used for this application?", "XYZs web site does not show a certain product whats going on?", etc - XYZ is not allowed to discuss - but it would be great if someone else tried to answer the question or at least provide contact information.

I would also like to state that Ride & uptite have been outstanding people in this regard - just in case they thought these posts were directed at them.

What I posted has nothing to do with people that pay Thumper Talk for advertising. People paying for advertising can do whatever they want within reason.

Thanks for the clarification

Guys, take it from that 1% that has many infractions and is on his last of nine cat lives.

If you host a ride, offer even one tour where people pay you to lead them, talk about selling a bike, write your web site address on here or directly mention your company name or a race team you belong to here in reference to anything, you will be temporairly banned from several weeks to several months, to forever.

Remember, when banned, no one will hear from you, you wont respond to any post or reply directed to you and if anyone has taken a disliking to you, they will flame you forever and you can't respond or defend yourself:mad: . So you will look guilty by not responding:bonk: .

Keep that in mind next time you post an opinion or talk out loud about any subject you might think you know about. As in any web site community, there are those out there that live to hit the infraction button because they can:thumbsdn: It wont matter if they are right or wrong about you, because you are guilty until proven innocent most times if the BS is belivable enough.

As with Jesus, be ready to leave at anytime. There wont be any warnings when it happens to you.

Steny

Thanks for the clarification

You are most welcome.

Is everyone clear about what has been posted?

Don't want any mis-communication.

Guys, take it from that 1% that has many infractions and is on his last of nine cat lives.

If you host a ride, offer even one tour where people pay you to lead them, talk about selling a bike, write your web site address on here or directly mention your company name or a race team you belong to here in reference to anything, you will be temporairly banned from several weeks to several months, to forever.

Remember, when banned, no one will hear from you, you wont respond to any post or reply directed to you and if anyone has taken a disliking to you, they will flame you forever and you can't respond or defend yourself:mad: . So you will look guilty by not responding:bonk: .

Keep that in mind next time you post an opinion or talk out loud about any subject you might think you know about. As in any web site community, there are those out there that live to hit the infraction button because they can:thumbsdn: It wont matter if they are right or wrong about you, because you are guilty until proven innocent most times if the BS is belivable enough.

As with Jesus, be ready to leave at anytime. There wont be any warnings when it happens to you.

Steny

Cannot believe I did not notice this until now..... It may be because it was edited after the last post in the thread - which I made. Interesting.

I try to do a good and thorough job at whatever I do. All of you should know that by now. No hidden agenda at all just trying to balance out the needs of everyone including the site owners & mods.

There have been PMs & discussions about what is going on in this forum. My response has been "give me some time to figure all this out" and "please let me handle it - the Husky TTrs are good people".

Received PMs from Husky TTrs too with questions like "how come this guy gets to do this?", "isn't this against the rules?" - stuff like that. Not one of those PMs were in regards to you Steny. This is not about "you" - it's about explaining to everyone in crystal clear terms what is allowed and what isn't in an effort to reduce if not eliminate those PMs and the 'mystery' of what is and is not allowed.

Quite interesting who you are comparing yourself to in your last sentence.

Quite interesting who you are comparing yourself to in your last sentence.

I have met Steny, he bears no resemblance to Jesus whom BTW is a black woman. :D

I was just being educational to those 99% of guys/gals who will probably never get out of line:prof: . Nothing was meant to be offensive. Wasn't comparing myself to Jesus, just saying when its your time to go, there wont be any 5 minute warnings here on TT. Only those that have been frozen truly know what that means.:worthy::ride::thumbsup:

I was just being educational to those 99% of guys/gals who will probably never get out of line:prof: . Nothing was meant to be offensive. Only those that have been frozen truly know what that means.:worthy::ride::thumbsup:

You mean that you are not starting a fire? :cry: How come?

Iam over 33 year old...so Iam fine with the "Jesus thinging"...:p

You mean that you are not starting a fire? :cry: How come?

Iam over 33 year old...so Iam fine with the "Jesus thinging"...:p

My flaming days are over. Been worked over too much last year here on TT to spend time on that.:prof: