Finally installed my Trailtech Vapor

Look like it replaces the OEM display unit entirely-- is that right?

My K-version display has almost everything-- no tach or exact temp. I suspect I would lose my odo reading if I switch, but I've been wanting to add tach and coolant temp (not idiot light) to my display.... tough choice.

Can any one help me out with all the programmed settings you put into your vapour. I ride down the road and my tacho indicates 9000rpm when I'm just crusing. Cant seem to find the right setting. If anyone can step me through from go I would be grateful. Its an k5 400E.

Can any one help me out with all the programmed settings you put into your vapour. I ride down the road and my tacho indicates 9000rpm when I'm just crusing. Cant seem to find the right setting. If anyone can step me through from go I would be grateful. Its an k5 400E.

Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.trailtech.net/media/instructions/vapor_instructions.pdf

You need to have the tach setting on 001

Yea.. that's one thing I don't like about the Vapor. You can't set or reset the odometer. So I couldn't set my bikes miles or hours in the unit. Sure wish there was a way like there was in the Endurance.

Yea.. that's one thing I don't like about the Vapor. You can't set or reset the odometer. So I couldn't set my bikes miles or hours in the unit. Sure wish there was a way like there was in the Endurance.

yes U can. I called trail tech to do just that. They can not advertize how to do this...since it is tampering with a wehicle odometer ....so give`em a call and i am sure they will explain the how to.....They did to me,,,but asked that i didn`t post.

Enjoy.

yes U can. I called trail tech to do just that. They can not advertize how to do this...since it is tampering with a wehicle odometer ....so give`em a call and i am sure they will explain the how to.....They did to me,,,but asked that i didn`t post.

Enjoy.

shhhhh supposed to keep it off the forum entirely. i try to PM that info.

How many bikes out there get ridden long and hard with a trailtech, and then the original speedometer/odometer is put back on at time of sale... With the incorrect mileage showing?

Hate paying for brand new bikes, but it is just so easy to manipulate the odometer on a motorcycle. The last used one I bought was clearly in showroom condition, and the oil remains sparkling clean, but... I still wonder if that odometer was connected all the time, or if the dude really did buy the bike and only put 200 miles per year on it. (Gee, $3000 of depreciation divided into 600 miles = $5/mile just in depreciation... Smart ? And hard to believe.)

:excuseme:

Look like it replaces the OEM display unit entirely-- is that right?

My K-version display has almost everything-- no tach or exact temp. I suspect I would lose my odo reading if I switch, but I've been wanting to add tach and coolant temp (not idiot light) to my display.... tough choice.

I added mine in addition to the stock speedo so both work.. no problem. I would post a picture, but my bike is at my cabin. I also have a GPS with a speedo, so I tweaked the Vapor to match it.