What happens when you slip

I personaly think that you should at least be able to be flat foot. I always have trouble with corners the bike always slips out from under me but i can always save myself beacause i can flat foot it.

hmm. i don't mean this to be a dick or anything, but maybe you should learn to ride better. saving yourself by putting a foot down is sometimes a good thing, but it can also lead to broken legs, torn acl's, etc...

lean the bike way more than you, get your weight forward, use gentle and increasing front brake pressure all the way up to the apex, then roll your butt back as you get on the throttle, and look through the turn towards where you want to go.

that + practice is all u need. lol.

hmm. i don't mean this to be a dick or anything, but

:bonk:

hmm. i don't mean this to be a dick or anything, but maybe you should learn to ride better. saving yourself by putting a foot down is sometimes a good thing, but it can also lead to broken legs, torn acl's, etc...

lean the bike way more than you, get your weight forward, use gentle and increasing front brake pressure all the up to the apex, then roll your butt back as you get on the throttle, and look through the turn towards where you want to go.

Good advice........you only do it once on a road bike :cripple:

lol here is a pic of my corner form NOTE: my hand was broken in this pic from a crah earlier, look at the visor lol

.:ride:

mx015.jpg

your prolly sitting down to short in the corner.. stand longer might help

I personaly think that you should at least be able to be flat foot.

Who put that idea in your head?

torch

I personaly think that you should at least be able to be flat foot. I always have trouble with corners the bike always slips out from under me but i can always save myself beacause i can flat foot it.

Actually, no. You should not be focusing on putting your foot down. You should be able to ride all day without putting your foot down except to stop. If you can't, you need to slowdown, and watch other people, and adjust your riding style. Here are three tips:

1. when entering a corner, slide forward on the seat, and take your butt off the seat just a little, and put more weight on the pegs, and balance on the pegs, shifting your weight for better feel of your traction. You will then shift all of your weight to the outside peg.

2. In the corner: raise your outside elbow up high, to stiffen it, and you will gain more steering control

3. When exiting out of the corner, put ALL of your weight on the outside peg, and you will get much more traction when you accelerate.

4. Don't use the seat to SIT on, use it to REST on. You should be putting more weight on the pegs.

Try weighting the outside peg by just pushing down on it with your foot. This will instantly transfer a bunch of your body weight from hi atop the seat to down low and on the outside. Makes a huge difference. You dont need to pick your butt off the seat, justy push down on the peg a bit. Try it, you wont be dissapointed.

you just need some seat time, i am 5'9" and can only tiptoe on my stock yz 250, it is never an issue but i have been riding since 1975, just keep after it.