Ktm 200 Xc

Can you put a 19 inch tire on the ktm 200xc?

It comes with an 18 inch rim so you would have to buy a new wheel assembly or lace a 19 inch rim to your stock hub.

no!!!!

Why would you????

I'm seriously thinking about buying an 200xc and using it for an mx. If i did this I would eventually switch to the 19" rear wheel and also try to see if I can find a smaller gas tank off an sx as well. I wish KTM still made the 200sx.

It comes with an 18 inch rim so you would have to buy a new wheel assembly or lace a 19 inch rim to your stock hub.

I think i will stick with the KTM 144 SX, but thanks any way.

you can buy a used wheel off of another KTM thats the size you want. But why would you want to go thru the hassle of buying a new one to do this? 18 is just fine and no one but fast pros get any benefit from a 19. When this first came out on bikes in 89 the factories did it after testing with the top national pros at the time and they only got something like 2 secs a lap faster on an SX track. The average guy wont ever see any advantage in speed and will get more flats than with an 18, so the true change would be money out of your pocket and a few extra flats....IMO

I like newer riders. They ask questions that get the old vets torqued up! :bonk:

i am a 30 year old vet novice. I have a yz 250f and i am seriously thinking about a 200xc. Is this bike good for open d racing????? I need as much info as you can give me. I also heard that KTM's have more problems than Jap bikes. Is that really true?????

i am a 30 year old vet novice. I have a yz 250f and i am seriously thinking about a 200xc. Is this bike good for open d racing????? I need as much info as you can give me. I also heard that KTM's have more problems than Jap bikes. Is that really true?????

You would like a 200 KTM. More power than 250 4ts, (accept for possibly KTM's own 250 4-stroke) and very light!

I've owned more Jap bikes (also Husky/Can-AM/ATK) than KTM's. This is my first. I've pounded it, and it doesn't even care! So far no problems.

Also, the motor will last longer between re-builds than Japanese bikes. (I've read this many times in various posts.) Guess it's the quality of the components.

Having said that, a KTM may take more jetting and suspension tuning than a Japanese bike to get it "just right"

I sold my WR250F in April and bought an 07 200XC. I've got about 1,000 miles on it and love everything about it. I recently checked the piston and it shows virtually no wear.

Once I installed the right fork and shock springs for my weight, and set the shock sag from my traditional 100mm to 110mm, the suspension became better than my yamaha ever was.

I went down one size on the pilot jet and one clip leaner on the needle and it runs and starts awesome. It took less time for me to dial it in than my Yamaha did. It's got more power and is much more responsive than the WR, but it's not as smooth in power delivery. It's faster, lighter, and more quiet than my WR though.

Prior to buying this bike, I'd never owned a KTM or ridden a 200. But it handles as good as any japanese bike (4 or 2 stroke) I've had or ridden. People that say they handle funny are either 1. smoking crack 2. riding a pre-2006 model (they changed the frame a lot that year) or 3. Don't know how to adjust shock sag and/or use the suspension clickers properly.

Can you put a 19 inch tire on the ktm 200xc?

You can find new and used 19" KTM rims on ebay.

BTW the '08 KTM XC's use the SX frame and they are supposed to be really good on the track.