Vintage parts

At the request of Norman here is a list of vintage parts sources - if you want to add to this thread additional sources that would be fine.

Just don't make the information too obscure - "Joe who has parts for 1934 & 1936 bikes only" may not be as useful as others.

There should be a system in place to add that type of information at some point but no promises.

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/Vintagesource.html

Vintage Husky (John LeFever) in San Marcos, Ca.. They are a 760 area code for information. All things Husky going back to early 60s thru 1986. Does painting and restoration too. Has a large storeroom of restored bikes. Does a lot of engine rebuilding there too. Steny

Also you can use Ebay.com for lots. Here in Netherlands are also lots of old Husky restaurating people but USA has better websites about it like Huskyclub.com. Even compare our Dutch husky.nl to the American husqvarnausa.com. USA gives lots of more info than the Dutch, but Benvanerp.nl is also great site of the former Importer.

Vintage Husky (John LeFever) in San Marcos, Ca.. They are a 760 area code for information. All things Husky going back to early 60s thru 1986. Does painting and restoration too. Has a large storeroom of restored bikes. Does a lot of engine rebuilding there too. Steny

great source with john.

This place? Is this a source you want in the vintage parts thread/info?

http://www.vintagehusky.com/

what about the place in Arizona? KIWIKIWI member name on E-Bay

can't seem to find the link tonight ?

www.husqvarna-parts.com Arizona

This guy has hands down the best webisite for vintage husky out there with a strong emphasis on 77 - 80 and 81 thru 88

Well organized , well laid out. He also responds to e-mail questions and concerns and is very helpfull ..... doesn't appear to be full of himself like a lot of other places..... great source for manuals as well

He also continues to add new parts at a slow but steady pace.

here is another great vintage Husky source :confused:

www.huskyjunk.com Tucker, Georgia USA

specializing in '74 Mag type parts as well as a slew of other crossover parts between the 70 to 80 year bikes.

Great Billet type parts, foot pegs, drum stay rods, bearing/bushing kits, hop up kits including reed cages etc...

Nice T-shirt to if you place a large enough order! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Call Chuck directly to order 404 406 3256

T

Here is another great source if you are having problems with wheels, bearings, brakes, brake re-lining and drums etc...

http://www.woodysvintagegp.com/bikes.php

Great to talk to this guy on the phone... very helpfull.

T

Here is another great brake source.... If everyone else are Guru's....... this guy is a God when it comes to vintage drum brakes.

http://www.vintagebrake.com/

T

OK am I the only one in contact with the vintage Husky world?

Here is a great source for Vintage /New Frame Prep/media Blast and powder coat:

www.olympicpowdercoating.com

Olympic Powder Coating

2737 South Garnsey St

Santa Ana , California

714 979 2233

**** Very reasonable pricing for hi-caliber work!!!!!!

They are very experienced with vintage MC frames and just completed my 79 CR250 Frame and swingarm this last week. They made a game out of guessing which year my Husky frame was. They do or have done a lot of prep work for Vintage Iron on their bike restoration projects.

Protected my head bearing races very well and delivered me a media blasted frame exactly the way I asked them to do it.(I'm doing something special)

Gave me an itemized list of parts that were prepped and had the work complete within two working days.:busted::lol::thumbsup::ride:

T

Another great vintage source for Husky everything from 1966 on through the demise......spokes, sprockets, plastic,decals,you name it ... you can find it here...Site is not as informative/descriptive as some ... but they have a lot of stuff to present....:banghead: .just give them a call for more detail

www.amsracing.com

T

Another source for Husky Plastic, Leather good quality seat covers, VRM seat covers etc.. and misc... DC Plastics

www.dcvmx.com

Very good to work with....excellent customer service during my sinlge transaction with them .... he called me from home at 8:30 P.m. on a sunday evening!:banghead::busted::D

Some say this is the source for plastic if you actually ride and race your vintage Husky....Basic plastic at reasonable prices...

Some say the plastic is not showroom quality and is inferior to other plastic sources....

I personally have bought a rear and a front fender from them.. Service was great, price was reasonable , overall plastic quality form fit function is a solid 8 out of 10, plastic finish quality ( aesthetic appearance) a 6 out of 10 IMHO

If you put miles on your vintage Husky in the dirt..... this is good usable plastic.

T

Complete Restoration source - 1970 400 Cross 72,73, 74

Specializes in early to mid '70s Husky's

Cool web site / no firsthand knowledge

www.vintagehuskyparts.com

T

Trelleborg tires

What is a vintage Husky without Trelleborgs!

USA Source www.gofasters.com

ask for Steve and /or Mark

Great Guys!:banghead::busted::D

Another great source for vintage Husky parts ( as well as other brands)

www.speedandsport.com

Good source for NJB dual shocks

T

Another great source and ships worldwide... based in Australia! Good on you Mates!

A lot of stock inventory / NOS and remanufactured new parts!

www.huskyparts.com.au

T

UK Vintage Husky parts source / ships worldwide from United Kingdom!

www.mxm.co.uk

Website is currently under reconstruction as of 12/11/07... contact numbers/email link is up and works....

Good source for decals including Ohlins and ITC white/yellow on blue

Seat covers through '84

Seat foam

Magura Lever covers w/husky logo

Tank DECALS of all types

T

UK Vintage Husky parts source / ships worldwide from United Kingdom!

www.mxm.co.uk

Website is currently under reconstruction as of 12/11/07... contact numbers/email link is up and works....

Good source for decals including Ohlins and ITC white/yellow on blue

Seat covers through '84

Seat foam

Magura Lever covers w/husky logo

Tank DECALS of all types

T

You sure are spending alot of time over here with you're new friends. You haven't forgot about you're old buddies next door have ya. Glad to see that you're vintage project is comming along so nice.

You sure are spending alot of time over here with you're new friends. You haven't forgot about you're old buddies next door have ya. Glad to see that you're vintage project is comming along so nice.

So far you are the only visitor Rajo! haven't forgot about you all next door... just don't have much to add to the "when is my TXC arriving ?" forum. Just a few ride pics from Cahuilla is all I've got to contribute on the "other side"!

Project is coming along nice... just picked up a good quality ( no plastic cracks) seat pan and foam on Ebay for $12..... a "new" reconditioned old one runs almost $200 with a new seat cover so I scored a big one....

New axle bearings and seals are arriving over Christmas so I should have a "rolling frame" sometime in January. I'm replating all of the brake components as well. Looking for top quality new Ferodo brake pads but am striking out... may have to go with grooved EBC instead. rebuilding 40 MM ohlins at the same time.

Thanks for the check in!:banghead:

T

gonna call ya when I got some frree time on your project. I hear ya on the 4 stroke whing though....gets old....valid points but it does get old.

Joe