Vintage parts

gonna call ya when I got some frree time on your project. I hear ya on the 4 stroke whing though....gets old....valid points but it does get old.

Joe

Joe - check out post # 18 for the new ITC decals.... website is down but e-mail works ... should not be to expensive over the Atlantic.....

Give me a call sometime when you have a chance to give me some 411 on the 40mm's

T

Here is the reccomended jetting for the 1980 250/390 CR from ProCircuit for Southern California elevation 0 to 3000 ft

Pro Circuit knew Huskys back in the day information is a direct quote from ProCircuit

250 CR Husky 1980

38 mm Mikuni Round slide

Stock Needle 6DH3 change to 6F15

Stock Main jet 430 change to 480

Stock R2 Needle Jet change to R0 or Q8

Go to a 60 Pilot

These changes from the stock factory bike will result in cleaning up the bottom end and make the top end a lot fatter.

390 CR Husky 1980

38mm Mikuni Round Slide

all the same changes but go with a 50 Pilot

Also recomended:

Throw away the stock Husky air boot clamps and replace with standard hose clamps

Seal the air boot to the air box with Silicone Sealeant

T

Grubin & Company specializes in older bikes 60's and 70's (all brands including Husky ) I have heard from other Husky owners that he is one of the premier motor rebuilders in the Pacific Northwest.

Specializes in rebuilding , race performance, porting , vintage parts etc..

Yakima, Washington Cool website

www.grubinandcompany.com/page/page/3817400.htm

T

Several people have reccomended the following for spray can silver on Husky Frames

Rust-oleum Appliance Epoxy "Stainless Steel" #7887 as the closest match to the original Husky frame color

Fast drying and cures out hard and tough.

Duplicolor Aluminum Engine Enamel # EDE1516

Duplicolor Silver #T229

Again this is if you are using spray cans....

T

www.vintageiron.com

here is an ebay link to one of their '81 / '82 pipes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-1982-HUSQVARNA-CR-250-RETRO-ROCKET-PIPE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118QQcategoryZ35581QQihZ001QQitemZ110206779582QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Here is their text:

A VINTAGE IRON Retro Rocket pipe is just what you need to make your Husky throw rocks on the Japanese bikes..

Pulls stronger and pulls longer than any Husky pipe on the market just ask our test rider Bengt N. Battered. Make your Swedish girl happy. Buy her the pipe she always wanted, please! The bike pictured is our '81/82 430 fitted with our Retro Rocket pipe. The 250 pipe looks very similar on the bike. We also make a pipe for the '74 250 Mag, the '75 360 and '77-79 390 Husky. 714. 694-0066/www.vintageiron.com if you have any questions

Select a pict

T

Ok - the name says Maico Only...... I have heard though through reputable sources that he rebuilds Husky motors as well and builds custom expansion chambers, silencers etc.... He also does a lot of performance mods and pipes for older Yammies, Maico's and Husky's.

If this is wrong someone can correct me.....

www.Maicoonly.com

Rancho Cucamonga , California

T

• 3 weeks later...
Ron Bishop of Ron Bishop Motorcycles in Escondido, Ca. rebuilt my 75 Husky 400WR engine a few years back. Did a good job.:banghead: Steny

Steny :D :D :D:prof: - can you post up contact information for Ron Bishop so that others viewing this thread will have immediate access to a good SoCal engine rebuilder? Any thoughts and specifics on your engine rebuild?

webaddress

email

Contact #

Best contact person

Physical address

I want to get as much information into this thread as possible for any TT'rs looking to work on vintage Husky!

And Thanks for posting :busted: :busted: :busted: :busted: :busted: :busted: :ride::D

T

For those who don't know the parts differences between 1977 ,'78 and '79 vs. the newer style 1980 here it is in picture detail

the 1980 swingarm was basically 1" longer ( Titanium finish swingarm) 23 1/4" and gave the Husky a longer wheelbase ... it tracked very well / was more stable with this swingarm

DSC_0180.jpg

here is a close up

DSC_0181.jpg

The shock mounts while all on the top of the swingarm tube did not get strength gussets until 1980

DSC_0182.jpg

The chain friction guide was short and was only on the top with two screws only as shown

DSC_0183.jpg

Here are the screws that were used ( these need refinishing) common to any of these years

FRICTIONPADSCREWSBEFORE.jpg

The 1980 swingarm used a much longer chain friction guide that wrapped the swingarm top and bottom and fastened with four screws and washers ( two top/two bottom this picture also shows the stock Husky chain tensioner bushing in the cross tube. A bolt goes through this to hold the chain tensioner wheel. A better aftermarket option is to remove this bushing and replace it with a greasable zerk fitting as made by Uptite Racing in Santa Ana - please view last picture . George still makes these . Call him for pricing.

DSC_0184.jpg

Greasable zerk pic

1980LONGSWINGARMREBUILD.jpg

Hope this helps someone understand the different parts difference in swingarms . The 1980 was a very popular conversion for guys running the 78's and 79's.

T

• 2 weeks later...