Silencer or full system?

Need to replace my bent stock silencer and was wondering if just an aftermarket silencer (looking at Jardine) will give a nice boost in power? Is it comparable to going to a full system? Does most of the power come from replacing the silencer? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

since you have a good reason for asking...yes most of the power gains come from the muffler

take a look at the FMF Ti Powercore, decent gains and it is priced right

but for the ultimate gain you should look into an FMF Factory 4.1 slipon...:thumbsup:

jardine isn't the best choice...the bigger names didn't get there by making inferior products

Thanks for the advice. The reasons that I am looking at Jardine is because I have heard good reviews about their power increases and they have a huge overstock of pipes right now, hence you will find them being unloaded on ebay for incredible prices.

Think about it. There's a reason they have an overstock. Go with FMF or Pro Circuit, Dr D or some other firm that actually races regularly.

I was afraid I would hear that. It's hard for me to pull the trigger since I know that you get what you pay for, but I have yet to hear anything bad about the Jardine pipes. This may be a case of a good product that just couldn't find a place in a tough market.