ktm is building quads for 08? I may want one

hey guys I have never owned a ktm but they are building what seems to be a very impresive quad. I ride quads in the dunes and dirt bikes in the woods and I'm looking to get a new quad in the near future, so my question is should I be excited about a 525 sport quad for the dunes when I am riding a 660 raptor right now are you guys impressed with the 525's power in your bikes? let me know what you think of the 525 engine power, problems, aftermarket parts anything you got I am looking forward to hearing you thoughts. thanks

According to the responses I'm getting from my post about the 525, that thing is a monster with loads of power. :thumbsup:

From what I have read the 06' Polaris Outlaw with the 525 EXC KTM motor was the fastest accelerating quad that you could buy off the showroom.

That being said with the boys at team Katoom now putting that motor in a chassis that may or may not be the complete package can only be a good thing in "Quad-Land".

I saw it's debut pro race at the GNCC Snowshoe, WV. KTM hire a full time rider (Can't remember his name?) Visiting the KTM hauler/tent, the thing looked impressive. I'm not a quad rider, but if I was, I know which one I'd get! :ride:

Im not sure about the 525 motor, But If it runs anything like my 02 520 exc dirt bike, The 525 might be a touch more, holy crap dude Buy it and give us a report..These motors are like mules, You can luggem all day then twist the grip and its like you opened up your worst nightmare, there awesome, mine has been rock solid, Heck ya send me a ATV frame and I would swap back and forth..with six speeds with stock gearing back in 02 when my bike was new with a gps taped to the handle bars, I hit 114mph easy on the hwy.It would be a sand dune eater, go for it!!!!

There'll be 2 KTM quads coming out soon. A 450 MXer and a 525 cross-country/duner. Polaris will use the KTM 450 engine for their upcoming MX quad too. Tim Farr has already won pro races on the KTM 525 ATV.

(It's about TIME KTM got in on the lucrative 4-wheeler market. They way outsell dirt bikes.)

There'll be 2 KTM quads coming out soon. A 450 MXer and a 525 cross-country/duner. Polaris will use the KTM 450 engine for their upcoming MX quad too. Tim Farr has already won pro races on the KTM 525 ATV.

(It's about TIME KTM got in on the lucrative 4-wheeler market. They way outsell dirt bikes.)

Why am I not getting excited about this?!?

i did hear that they will have the 450 in the exact same frame. I just read the write up on it in quad magazine it sounds awsome. how is the 450 engine compared to the 525? I know that yamaha has had some trouble with their 450 in the quads causeing engine failure does the ktm 450 have any problems yet?

If they are using the standard RFS engine there should be few problems. The only issues have been some sporadic overheating issues but I assume the quads will have a much larger cooling system then the bikes. My understanding is these will be 5 speeds versus 6. I don't know the reason why unless the gearset is more robust or they wish to limit top speed.

Although I don't particularly care for quads, these should be excellent high performance machines. :thumbsup:

It is a 5-speed because it has a reverse gear, I understand.

I don’t know? The new Can-Am DS-450 looks like it will smoke it!

15 hp more than either the 525 or the 450 and it weighs 15 pound less.

oh yeah I forgot about the new can-am 450. thanks to all you guys about being so cool about a quad question since this is a bike forum, seeing ktm doesn't really have a quad who better to ask then the ktm dirt bike riders and the polaris guys just say they are fast with no real info thats helps.

I don’t know? The new Can-Am DS-450 looks like it will smoke it!

15 hp more than either the 525 or the 450 and it weighs 15 pound less.

..... unless the canam is making 65hp stock i dont see how that's possible

and what motor is that in your avatar?

So is KTM gonna be putting together this quad from the ground up or slapping an RFS motor into a Polaris quad, or both? Thanks:excuseme:

polaris has the ktm engine in their frame and ktm is building their own quad from the frame up quad its supposed to be a tubular chromoly frame, ohlins suspension, fully adj. castor and camber, adj. width axle, and a hyd. clutch and a ton of other stuff so its not just a polaris with ktm plastic.