My New Private Track!

so today my father and i rented a bob cat at 6pm we have it until 8am tomorrow (8/4/07) to build a track in the back yard. well its not exactly a track its more of a strip. right now i have a 1/2mile gnccish track and i wanted an MX section that was kinda out the way. i had the perfect place to it, back in the day i used to BMX so i had some huge "trails" so we decided to take the down. once it was flat we began to build. we have two 25ft doubles a 15ft doulbe whoops and a huge berm. this is not a track btw it is just a strip. its pretty sick. i will post pictures of it tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICTURES IN THE MORNING

*Progress*

it was actually quite a large production last night it was me(16), dad, my friends brad(16), kyle(18), their dad, their uncle and aunt also stopped round. it took about 6 1/2 hours to build 6-11pm then 6-7:30am. it took about 3 hours to flatten everything and another 3 to build it. i also flipped the skidsteer lol but we managed to flip it back over. it only cost us 140$ and then like 25$ in fuel. we still have alot of work to do to get it 100% finished. we have to smooth, form, and pack everything we need rain to get the dirt wet enough to pack well. so hopefully it rains sooon.

the layout changed a little bit. we now have two 25ft doulbes a 15ft doulbe single, then a big berm. we didnt have the time or space for the whoops.

BTW they arent done yet so dont say anything about how rough they look.

1st double

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

2nd double

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05488.jpg

3rd doulbe

DSC05490.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

then there is a small single after the 3rd double that goes into a big 180 berm. after the berm you just cruise back up to the top.

looking up at the track

DSC05494.jpg

Easy Easy, We'll just wait for the pics, I'll check back tommorow.

Prolly just some kid that was too excited to wait. We've all been there!

Easy Easy, We'll just wait for the pics, I'll check back tommorow.

Prolly just some kid that was too excited to wait. We've all been there!

LOL...I know i'm just bustin balls. Really just jealous

LOL...I know i'm just bustin balls. Really just jealous

same:ride:

Just could not wait to tell somebody eh?? lol

pics added

Looks nice, but some of those doubles look like theyre do or die.

Is that sand? Its kind of hard to pack and maintain sand

Looks nice, but some of those doubles look like theyre do or die.

Is that sand? Its kind of hard to pack and maintain sand

the landings have about a 3ft "buffer zone" i guess. like i said in the post they arent done yet there is alot left to do.

and no it isnt sand its just really really dry dirt. the dirt is perfect once its wet. its going to rain tomorrow so i will be out there packing everything.

yeah my dirt is like that when it gets dry, but wet its amazing

looks sweet but sand is tough for jumps and stuff

looks sweet but sand is tough for jumps and stuff

Its not sand... Read above.

i wouldve put a huge fmx jump with a roll in like the x games

I would of liked table tops in my back yard and a berm. Your jumps there could get you some air.

that looks sweet, nice.

now at the end you need a high jump with a pole about 33 ft. or so in the air that would be awesome :thumbsup::p:applause:

that looks sweet, but keep in mind after the rain some of your jumps might be a little flattened

looks sick dude, cant wait to see the finished product:thumbsup:

nice track

hey nice track so far just hope u dont lose it and nail one of those trees

wish i had that kinda land.

thanks for all the comments

i will post more when we have it 100% done