DRZ400 FCR-MX Conversion Kit

I have a chance to get a FCR-MX at a pretty good price. My only concern is that is has the TPS sensor (this is what my buddy says... I have not seen the carb yet...) With the Conversion kit that is sold on TT, the kit refernces the FCR-MX carb without TPS. Should I be concerned?

Thoughts?

You can just not plud the TPS in, and all should be fine. This was in the wrong section though, moved to DRZ400 forum.

Sorry about that. I spend a lot of time on the SMJ site... I am just getting used to this one.

So if I get the used carb, all I have to do is go to the TT store and get all of the parts from the conversion kit

- 021-216 FCR Adapter 2 3/8", carb to S airboot

- 021-439 Adaptor O-Ring

- 017-262 EMN Needle

- 021-012 Airboot adapter bolts (2)

- P/N 13111-29F00 OEM Suzuki E Intake Manifold

- P/N 09402-58208 OEM Suzuki Clamp

- P/N 13685-29F00 OEM Suzuki Vacuum Port Nipple

and I should be good to go, right !??

Unfortunately, the TT Store doesn't sell the FCRMX parts without the carb. What I can suggest doing is contacting Sudco about the non-OEM parts needed, and contact either your dealer, or Harry at OEM ThumperTalk. Harry can be reached at 630-388-9399.

I have a chance to get a FCR-MX at a pretty good price. My only concern is that is has the TPS sensor (this is what my buddy says... I have not seen the carb yet...) With the Conversion kit that is sold on TT, the kit refernces the FCR-MX carb without TPS. Should I be concerned?

Thoughts?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2996714&postcount=49

I put the 39 FCRMX on my bike this spring. I left the TPS on it & plugged it in just like the Mikuni was. It runs great when set up just like the Burned mod states. You won't regret it.

The TPS is not needed, but will do no harm.

You can either conect it, or tuck the lead out of the way.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride: :ride:

make sure the carb has a removeable intake bell.not all fcr's are created equal.

Is there a reason to not want the TPS? If you ever decide to hookup a wideband commander, wouldn't it be beneficial to have the TPS?

if the carb has the tps,use it.

yes,handy for a wideband but not a deal breaker.

other wise there is no performance difference.

When I get a 41 FCR-MX next spring (no, I will not be selling the 39, sorry) I am going to get one with the TPS. Sure will make wideband tuning more of a no brainer, which is good for me as many of you know, I fall into that categorey quite well. ;)

Well, the good news is I found a carb from a guy on SMJ... and guess what... he says it was built to "burned's" specs !!! (I gotta get my bike out to CO... this guy is world renowned!) he says the only thing on the list that he is not sure about is the EMM needle. So My RS-3 will be here on Wednesday and the carb on Thursday.... hopefully one day to put them on.... then a trip in the fall to CO !!!

Can you say big bore kit !!!!

Needle is fine as that is the rec. needle (third clip position). Uncorked pipe will use a 158 or 160 Main for starters, carb probably has a 155 or 160 in it now.

so the computer does not read tps for timing advance and retard?

so the computer does not read tps for timing advance and retard?

Basically, when it does not recieve a signal from a TPS is defaults to the wide open throttle map. The only difference in timing without a TPS is at high revs with very little throttle. (Not going to make a power or ridability difference) :thumbsup:

thanks for explaining it :ride: .