XR70, would the following give me more power?

I allready did some small mods like cuting of the spark arrester and doing the airbox mod.

Well, I live really close to see level, and my 70 allready came with a 62 jet and I am running it on the richest setting, (needle clip all the way up in carb, and the fuel mixing screw all the way in.)

I read somewhere that you can buy 65 jet from honda, would this be overdoing it?

Also, has anyone every tried to attach like a small home made turbo?

Like a leaf blower?

haha, what do you all think?

I allready did some small mods like cuting of the spark arrester and doing the airbox mod.

Well, I live really close to see level, and my 70 allready came with a 62 jet and I am running it on the richest setting, (needle clip all the way up in carb, and the fuel mixing screw all the way in.)

I read somewhere that you can buy 65 jet from honda, would this be overdoing it?

Also, has anyone every tried to attach like a small home made turbo?

Like a leaf blower?

haha, what do you all think?

Depends on which airbox mod you did ,if you opened up the entire back of the airbox, then you should be good to bump up to a #65 main and move the clip back up to the 3rd position but if you only drilled a couple holes then you may be too rich already and therefore you may need to raise the clip one notch.

In order to make a leaf blower work, you would have to have the leaf blower increase the psi as the engine's rpm's build and decrease as the rpm's decrease like a blower does on a car. If you don't, you will have a bike that has a huge bog and a nasty lean spot till the engine reaches near max rpm. Jetting and carburation would be a nightmare and even then you may find that the blower can not move as much air through the carb as a N/A engine and therefore be nothing more than a restriction. That said, I think you should go ahead and do it and see if you can prove me wrong :thumbsup:

I allready did some research, the following sounds very promising:

The Suck-through (or draw through) setup involves mounting the carburetor before the turbo inlet (usually in front of the impeller mouth). This means that both fuel and air are drawn into the turbo already mixed and then blown into the inlet manifold. This is by far the simplest way to set up a turbo, as the carburetor doesn’t need to be especially modified and tuning is quite easy.

Does anyone know if anyone has ever turbocharged a xr50/xr70??

with reliability and sucsess no, not really.

your barking up the wrong tree..

do a search!!!!!