Sdg Idol Trouble/chain

Hello,

My SDG pro mini runs like a top, but... somtimes it will just stall out of no where! I have set the idol and will idol fine but when I periodically stop it will just stall? Would the valves need ajusted? :excuseme: Or what could be the problem?:excuseme: Also the chain slaps the swingarm ALOT :crazy: Should I ajust the chain or will it still slap??? :excuseme: There is not alot of freeplay with the chain now...

Thanks...

You might need a shorter chain.

Hello,

My SDG pro mini runs like a top, but... somtimes it will just stall out of no where! I have set the idol and will idol fine but when I periodically stop it will just stall? Would the valves need ajusted? :excuseme: Or what could be the problem?:excuseme: Also the chain slaps the swingarm ALOT :crazy: Should I ajust the chain or will it still slap??? :excuseme: There is not alot of freeplay with the chain now...

Thanks...

i have a pro mini also. does the chain need to be replaced? make sure the chain is adjusted correctly. check the chain roller, the chain guide, and the chain slider. have you removed the kick stand yet? if not, i would because that thing makes alot of noise. as for the stalling issue, does it stall when hot? cold? and when it stalls, can you immediately start it? a lil more info plz. let me know what you find.

Andrewtodd,

Hey there, that was my son posting this & I will try to give more info here till my hubby gets back.

The bike since we bought on Mon. of this week has been hard to kick start. We all have kicked & kicked & your leg about falls off (this is me & my boys). Hubby might get it on 3-4 kicks , but , no 1 !

Then, it wasn't staying idle. We did adjust the idle & that did help , but , now it seems it's not wanting to stay again.

When you ride for long periods it seems to want to do the stall thing. Both my boys were riding it about all day yesterday when they noticed, you would go to stop to talk to someone, it would stall.

The kick stand was taken off when we bought it. It has a RK (gold ?) chain on it. It doesn't seem like there's much play in it , but , it has to be that hitting the rear swing arm when they hit jumps. It has the stock guide & roller on it. What to check for on them ?

This bike does have a works shock.

Since you have the same bike, can you tell us also what air fiter you run ? This is what has been done to our bike so not sure about an air filter that will work since carb work was done. Any suggestions ? There is a crack around the band of this air filter now & we want to replace asap. Need some directing on it. :crazy:

~Thanks~

Ad..........

2005 SDG Pro Mini, great bike but need to sell. Pro Taper bars/grips, ASV levers, Marzocchi front end, wave rotors, heavy duty peg mount, T3 billet pieces, Works Performance rear shock, Crower camshaft, Michelin tires, T3 rear sprocket, Kitaco coil, Inner rotor kit, BBR shift lever. I will also include the extra plastic/graphics shown.

More info.........

Hubby said, that the chain is hitting the swing arm behind the top chain guide. When jumped the chain slamps down on the swing arm in this area. Do they make a longer chain guide that fit's on the swing arm for these bikes or how to prevent this ? Has your ever hit like this ? Now, we're not sure if the chain is stock or a RK ? Guy said, it was , but , don't see it marked RK on it anywhere. Not sure if the stock came gold ? This one is gold. Hubby thinks chain is fine.

The stalling issue happens when hot. Starting can happen right away or usually take awhile. We heard of people ajusting the valves, does this need done ? Never had done this, any tips how to do ?

~Thanks~

For the idle, and stalling issues, it sounds like you need to rejet your carb. Take the carb off, and clean everything out. Blow the filter out as well. Get a new spark plug, and look what jets you have in. you will most likely need to go up a size in the pilot.

And chains always slap around. I guess I can tell how BAD it is, but it sounds like a normal thing to me.

For the idle, and stalling issues, it sounds like you need to rejet your carb. Take the carb off, and clean everything out. Blow the filter out as well. Get a new spark plug, and look what jets you have in. you will most likely need to go up a size in the pilot.

And chains always slap around. I guess I can tell how BAD it is, but it sounds like a normal thing to me.

Can the jets be bought at a local cycle shop or do they have to be ordered from somewhere since it's a SDG bike ?

well im not firmiliar with the sdg, but i do know you get the jets from the carb manufacturer most of the time, what brand of carb do you have

SDG PRO MINI - 125cc

Single Cylinder Air Cooled 4 Stroke

DESCRIPTION: Ready to race??? This is the bike for the serious mini rider. 14" front wheel and 12" rear wheel. 35mm Marzocchi forks and super heavy duty tapered aluminum swingarm plus an CNC external Oil Cooler.

FEATURES:

125cc 3 Valve Head

Air Cooled

4 Stroke

4 Speed Manual Clutch

35mm Marzocchi forks

Tapered Design Aluminum Swingarm

Stamped Boxed Chromo Frame

CNC Aluminum Triple Clamp

CNC external Oil Cooler

CNC Billet Muffler

WEIGHT: 137lbs Dry

COLORS: Black Top/Black Kev sides

Info from SDG's site. Not sure on the stock carb brand ? :excuseme:

Just look on the side of the carb for the brand lol. But just take it in to a dealer, and they will be able to look at it, and give you some jets for the carb. usually $5 a piece.

Well, unless it says a name inside the carb. all we see on the outside is *Japan T/A*. :excuseme:

Does anyone know what SDG Pro Mini's have ? I thought Mikuni carburetors ????

Andrewtodd,

Hey there, that was my son posting this & I will try to give more info here till my hubby gets back.

The bike since we bought on Mon. of this week has been hard to kick start. We all have kicked & kicked & your leg about falls off (this is me & my boys). Hubby might get it on 3-4 kicks , but , no 1 !

Then, it wasn't staying idle. We did adjust the idle & that did help , but , now it seems it's not wanting to stay again.

When you ride for long periods it seems to want to do the stall thing. Both my boys were riding it about all day yesterday when they noticed, you would go to stop to talk to someone, it would stall.

The kick stand was taken off when we bought it. It has a RK (gold ?) chain on it. It doesn't seem like there's much play in it , but , it has to be that hitting the rear swing arm when they hit jumps. It has the stock guide & roller on it. What to check for on them ?

This bike does have a works shock.

Since you have the same bike, can you tell us also what air fiter you run ? This is what has been done to our bike so not sure about an air filter that will work since carb work was done. Any suggestions ? There is a crack around the band of this air filter now & we want to replace asap. Need some directing on it. :crazy:

~Thanks~

Ad..........

2005 SDG Pro Mini, great bike but need to sell. Pro Taper bars/grips, ASV levers, Marzocchi front end, wave rotors, heavy duty peg mount, T3 billet pieces, Works Performance rear shock, Crower camshaft, Michelin tires, T3 rear sprocket, Kitaco coil, Inner rotor kit, BBR shift lever. I will also include the extra plastic/graphics shown.

mine chain also slaps the swingarm. it has scratched the swingarm and the chain has wore the screw that holds the chain buffer on. that is of the many things that one will notice about a chinese bike vs. a japanese bike. the chinese bikes are not as refined as a japanese.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

i am still running the stock air filter with the air filter skin that it came with. i recommend oiling the air filter and not oiling the skin. if you oil both of them, your leg and/or boot will get oily also. seeing that the boot on your air filter is broken, the idle problem will probably continue. i will probably get a uni filter when i replace mine. get one with an angled boot so that it will fit closer to the bike. put in a new plug when you get a new filter and check to see if your bike is running rich or lean before making any adjustments to the carb.

the manual recommends the valves to be adjusted every 3 to 6 hours. the intake is .002 and the exhaust is .004. the video link below tells how to adjust them. http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/ValveVid_link.jpg

good luck! i hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, pics, & link to BBR........it wouldn't play though. Can you send another link that will ?

Thanks..................