Another Vegas to Pahrump question

New to thumper talk, I usually ride on the north west by new providence development, I have riden all the way to red rock but dont know which trail to pahrump. I mainly ride in baja, we have a trip planned out for upcoming weekend. Any info would be great or i can tag along on one of your trips, I want to find a killer long trail to invite some buddies from California, any suggestions?

The Pahrump trail is accessed from the Kyle Canyon wash but that's all I know and I'll have to wait for LVThumper to take us on this one.

I have a 75-mile loop that leaves from the concrete slabs at Nelson and loops to Searchlight (for gas and lunch). You can do it in the summer but you have to start early.

Blue Diamond Rd. to Primm and Clarke Mountain loop...125 miles

I'm planning another loop from Mercury to Pahrump but haven't figured out the mileage yet.

Hell's Half Acre to Caliente has to my favorite loop...175 miles and I have pictures of that one that I'll have to post.

Man I miss my XR650R... the perfect long haul bike.

I'm moving to Providence in a couple of months as soon as my house is finished I can throw a rock from my driveway to the detention basin:thumbsup:

Welcome to TT

The Pahrump trail is accessed from the Kyle Canyon wash but that's all I know and I'll have to wait for LVThumper to take us on this one.

I have a 75-mile loop that leaves from the concrete slabs at Nelson and loops to Searchlight (for gas and lunch). You can do it in the summer but you have to start early.

Blue Diamond Rd. to Primm and Clarke Mountain loop...125 miles

I'm planning another loop from Mercury to Pahrump but haven't figured out the mileage yet.

Hell's Half Acre to Caliente has to my favorite loop...175 miles and I have pictures of that one that I'll have to post.

Man I miss my XR650R... the perfect long haul bike.

I'm moving to Providence in a couple of months as soon as my house is finished I can throw a rock from my driveway to the detention basin:thumbsup:

Welcome to TT

I need the know the way to go Primm to Blue Diamond Rd., maybe Pahrump if you know how. Then Ill need to find out Pahrump to Far Hills, so I can do Cal City to my house....

Do you have trails on gps. They sound like some nice trails. Once weather gets better maybe we could take a ride on some of them.

I need the know the way to go Primm to Blue Diamond Rd., maybe Pahrump if you know how. Then Ill need to find out Pahrump to Far Hills, so I can do Cal City to my house....

I wouldn't be able to explain it in writing except we used to park at the end of a street named Quarter Horse to start the Loop. We'll just have to ride it some time:ride:

Once it cools down, we'll go. :thumbsup:

As far as I know there are only 2 ways to Pahrump from the Far Hills, Charleston area. One is to cut over to Cold Creek via the saddle pass at Red Rocks across Kyle Canyon road, and the other is starting from Red Rocks itself. But the last one has to be done with a plated bike because you have to access the toll booth. I have skirted around it a few times in the dirt coming from the Vistas, but it is a pain in the ass.

Regarding the ride from Blue Diamond to Primm, we always park near the black railroad water tower and then head under the tracks and up the trail. It takes you right to Primm. From Primm to Pahrump we usually cut through Sandy Valley, back side of Mt. Potisi.

I rode Nelson area this morning, down to the river and back. The weather was perfect today. The water at the river is a lot colder than at Lake Mead.

Sounds good...

Ya, there is no other way to Pahrump other than the two ways that Dpatton said, nothing in between. No Far Hills to Pahrump, just Red Rock/Rocky Gap road to Pahrump!