TXC Pics

They did a nice job on those bikes!

Thanks again to STENY for the pics and also for the specs on the bikes.:applause::worthy: I didn't know how to post the spec sheets for the bikes but from I can gather the 450 will have a six speed tranny along with an 18" rear wheel.I guess it's time to start saving money because this is just what the doctor ordered for me.?

Great!!!! I was hoping they would make a 250 in TXC trim. So these bikes are more geared towards hare scrambles & GNCC style racing. The rumor is they are electric start, TC head with the TE bottom end, 18" wheel, carbureted & 50mm sealed front fork. Now for my questions, How much fuel capacity? Is it the same as the TE? Is that the TI exhaust with an aluminum muffler? Can anyone confirm the rumor above? What is MSRP & when can I buy one....Can wait to get another Husky dirt bike, orange is the ugliest color:lol:

Everyone should wait for official specs to be released before they jump to conclusions...these are going to be great bikes and everyone will be real happy.

Prices aren't set yet, but should be line with what Husqvarna has charged in the past.

HuskyRips

Everyone should wait for official specs to be released before they jump to conclusions...these are going to be great bikes and everyone will be real happy.

HuskyRips

I know but this may be the biggest thing Husqvarna has done for the U.S. market in a long, long time. It might be the turning point for Husky & their new owner in this region......I'm just excited, about being in the market for a new bike and having a chance to buy a hare scramble/GNCC specific bike that nobody seems to know much about and that isn't orange.....(no offense to the Katooners out there. My EXC has been great, I've just been a Husky guy since my Dad had his 1972 WR 250 back in 72.)

I know but this may be the biggest thing Husqvarna has done for the U.S. market in a long, long time. It might be the turning point for Husky & their new owner in this region......I'm just excited, about being in the market for a new bike and having a chance to buy a hare scramble/GNCC specific bike that nobody seems to know much about and that isn't orange.....(no offense to the Katooners out there. My EXC has been great, I've just been a Husky guy since my Dad had his 1972 WR 250 back in 72.)

I hope the new TXC is all the bike you hope it is......but IMHO making the 06 TEs street legal was the big turning point for Husky in the USA. That move really changed everything. Now the brand has momentum and hopefully these new TXCs will sustain the trend. I don't race, so I'll stick with a TE. But I presume this will compare with the XC line from KTM?

R

The swingarm looks like it's attached to the frame higher than normal to me, anything going on there?

In comparison with '07's it may be a tad higher but what stands out is that the linkage is much lower and quite exposed.

I hope the new TXC is all the bike you hope it is......but IMHO making the 06 TEs street legal was the big turning point for Husky in the USA. That move really changed everything. Now the brand has momentum and hopefully these new TXCs will sustain the trend. I don't race, so I'll stick with a TE. But I presume this will compare with the XC line from KTM?

R

You got a great point about the street legal thing.I think they have made great strides in the past 3-4 years. A new factory, an all new fours stroke setup for 2008, a new 250 motor for next year, street legal TE's & SM's. I hope that with BMW's marketing power & organization,that Husky will come back to the US enforce. They should pick up some more dealers and support more riders in all forms of dirt bike racing. With the expanding market, hopefully the will build & import more bike here. With more bikes being made available, maybe the aftermarket people out there will take notice & produce some light weight/performace parts out there for us. Or maybe Husky/BMW will take a page out of KTM's book & sell factory parts made by the aftermarket company's themselves.

I used to race a lot, with young kids it makes racing harder. I usually mix it up with my buddies in the trails around here. They do more racing these days, but when we trail ride it's like racing:ride: As I said I'm in the market for a new bike, thinking about going 4 stroke, I've had some Husky's before (2-smokes), got an 06 SM610 now. I think the TXC will be the bike for me & the kind of riding I do. And yes I think this could be HVA's answer to KTM's XC.

With no headlight on there I wonder if they are coming stock with the TC flywheel and charging system?

My new TXC 450 is already paid for I'm just awaiting the arrival:applause:

I know you will be able to change to a TE flywheel if you change the ECU because you can put the heavier flywheel on now but I am hoping it will have a decent stator and the heavier flywheel of the TE's already.

Nice pics thanks all!

MMMM Husky's :ride:

Great!!!! I was hoping they would make a 250 in TXC trim. So these bikes are more geared towards hare scrambles & GNCC style racing. The rumor is they are electric start, TC head with the TE bottom end, 18" wheel, carbureted & 50mm sealed front fork. Now for my questions, How much fuel capacity? Is it the same as the TE? Is that the TI exhaust with an aluminum muffler? Can anyone confirm the rumor above? What is MSRP & when can I buy one....Can wait to get another Husky dirt bike, orange is the ugliest color:lol:

According to the spec sheet I have they will be both electric and kick start and have a 1.9 us gal. fuel capacity.

The front forks are 50mm. with a Sachs shock in the rear.

Sorry guys according to what I read this bike will be sold in the US market only.

You got a great point about the street legal thing.I think they have made great strides in the past 3-4 years. A new factory, an all new fours stroke setup for 2008, a new 250 motor for next year, street legal TE's & SM's. I hope that with BMW's marketing power & organization,that Husky will come back to the US enforce. They should pick up some more dealers and support more riders in all forms of dirt bike racing. With the expanding market, hopefully the will build & import more bike here. With more bikes being made available, maybe the aftermarket people out there will take notice & produce some light weight/performace parts out there for us. Or maybe Husky/BMW will take a page out of KTM's book & sell factory parts made by the aftermarket company's themselves.

I used to race a lot, with young kids it makes racing harder. I usually mix it up with my buddies in the trails around here. They do more racing these days, but when we trail ride it's like racing:ride: As I said I'm in the market for a new bike, thinking about going 4 stroke, I've had some Husky's before (2-smokes), got an 06 SM610 now. I think the TXC will be the bike for me & the kind of riding I do. And yes I think this could be HVA's answer to KTM's XC.

I a novice on the tech aspects of dirtbikes, so I don't follow the details very closely. That said, I read somewhere in this forum that the new 08 KTM EXC will have a short (or at least shorter) stroke motor, similar to the current TE. If so, we'd have both Husky and KTM converging from both ends. Husky with an off-road racer comparable to the XC line, and KTM with a street legal enduro with motor that puts a grin on your face.

Satisfied Husky owners are the brand's best form of advertising and their fan base is growing nicely. When you compare a new TE with an EXC, even skeptics have to acknowledge that the Husky is a very attractive package. The $1k price differential is pretty amazing considering the build quality of the Husky.

?

R

My new TXC 450 is already paid for I'm just awaiting the arrival:applause:

I know you will be able to change to a TE flywheel if you change the ECU because you can put the heavier flywheel on now but I am hoping it will have a decent stator and the heavier flywheel of the TE's already.

Do you know the price of the TCX or is it tbd?

I'm sure Husky had enough foresight to have a stator with enough juice to power some decent lights and/or accessories. Awful silly if they didn't.