New Honda's announced on or about Sept 8th

That is what I heard from my dealer for what it is worth.

Is it not odd for Honda to wait so long?

Might have something special coming out that they have to prepare for or work bugs out of.

That is what I heard from my dealer for what it is worth.

You ever heard of marketing? ... and who trusts what a dealer says?!?! :excuseme:

I have this weird feeling... They'll be.... THE SAME!

Honda... PROVE ME WRONG!! :D

they'll prove you right...

Superhawk powered adventure bike

and a street legal 450... c'mon Honda... you know you want to

I tust the dealers about as far as I could throw them. This was a magazine article here in OZ saying the dealers pre-release demo days was on or around that date.

In true fashion this would mean within 24 to 48 hours it will be on the websites.

Still hush hush about what changes will be made. I love how these jerks in marketing like to make things look real secret and suspensful, and then bring out the same old bike with a new dress on.

I think it is actually Sept 6......

Dealer said 7 or 8....proves that you should never trust what a dealer says!

Here we go again...

An FI 290X as well...if you are Italiano.......

I wouldn't say that you can't trust your dealer. The reps 'lie' to the dealers, and it gets passed on to you. If your dealer truly likes you, he is telling you the truth, at least as he knows it.

My dealer was told to get rid of every X and R he had early this year, and to then only keep one of each (250 R,X and 450R,X) in inventory. Why? The '08s were said to be all new (EFI). At this time, you could not get anymore '07 models (sold out) and all you could get were '06 holdovers.

Well now the same rep is saying BNG for '08, and there are '07s available at the wharehouse in Torrance. Go figure.

The rep did say that the EFI bikes are ready to go, but now Honda is not going to release them until they have to (EPA regs.). If Suzuki gets major publicity and early sales with their new EFI RMZ450, you can bet that Honda will change their mind. That is why all of the other '08s have been released except for the R/X's. According to the rep, corporate sees no improvement in performance with the EFI, so they will stick with the current FCR until they have to switch.

Honda got burned with the CRF150R. Yeah it is a great bike, but it was outlawed with racing with 85's before it hit the track, and a well tuned 105 Supermini can run away from it. As much as I loved seeing Honda actually come out of it's conservative shell with the 150R, I think the experience also put them back into it.

I would not expect to see anything larger than a 450 for the X (the R will not get larger as per racing size limits). Unless KTM hands Honda their @#$ in Mexico with the 690 at the 1000. Then, and only then, may we get to see a larger X.

For me, I am pulling for KTM to win the Baja 1000 going away. Just so Honda can see the light that many of us aren't satisfied with a 450. If the Honda "A" team has a mistake free race and still loses the Baja 1000 to KTM (riding a 650cc bike), maybe then we will get the long rumored CRF600X!

:banana: Go KTM!!! (Just so Honda will make the bike I really want) :banana:

Hummmm...I don't see Honda losing in Baja...There are more 450X's racing now and still quite a few VERY fast contenders on the 650R. Stranger things have happened but even by 2008 technology standards the 450X is quite advanced and a force to be reckoned with. What's replacing the 650R in 2008? I too think it would be good for all of us for Honda to get humbled but if that happens I would like to see another Japanese bike do it not a Euro bike.

Hummmm...I don't see Honda losing in Baja...There are more 450X's racing now and still quite a few VERY fast contenders on the 650R. Stranger things have happened but even by 2008 technology standards the 450X is quite advanced and a force to be reckoned with. What's replacing the 650R in 2008? I too think it would be good for all of us for Honda to get humbled but if that happens I would like to see another Japanese bike do it not a Euro bike.

I would agree that I would rather see it be another Japanese bike. But Team Green will never return (DH: the best there ever was). Honda could not win until the accident happened and Kawasaki pulled out. The ill fated monster XR600's just could not hold up. They could go as fast as the KX500s, just not for 1000 miles. Suzuki doesn't seem to care too much about anything in the west (other than WORCS), and Yamaha is content with the H&H's. I don't think that Ty Davis is too hot to trot on the speeds in Mexico anymore, and won't be pushing for Montclair to field a team for the 1000 anytime soon.

KTM seems to be the only ones willing to come to the plate in Mexico with a helicopter and the proper support structure, along with the riders that have the speed and experience. Since Honda will not go to Dakar to play in KTM's backyard (remember that JC's Dakar foray was a privateer Honda effort funded by Franco Acerbis), the Austrians are coming here to take them on in Baja.

There is no replacement for the 650R for '08. Unless you count the 450X. And it doesn't compare. At least for me. My dealer sells both Honda and KTM, and has given me first rights to the 690 Baja when it hits the showroom floor. I am going to hold out for a Honda. Please, Honda, please.

I am getting a boner thinking about this !! Man oh man I hope it's true !

Don't get too excited about that bike. Many of the European importers (each country has their own) sell so few dirt bikes, that they modify the ones they get all on their own.

The Italian importers are famous for this. Remember the old CRE two strokes from the early '90s? We all got excited thinking that Honda was going to do something about the omnipotent RMX250. Fat chance! They were Italian specials if I remember correctly. They also never made it here, officially. I think Kevin Hines was importing the kits so that you could convert your CR250 to the CRE250, complete with centerstand!

I wouldn't say that you can't trust your dealer. The reps 'lie' to the dealers, and it gets passed on to you. If your dealer truly likes you, he is telling you the truth, at least as he knows it.

I would not expect to see anything larger than a 450 for the X (the R will not get larger as per racing size limits). Unless KTM hands Honda their @#$ in Mexico with the 690 at the 1000. Then, and only then, may we get to see a larger X.

For me, I am pulling for KTM to win the Baja 1000 going away. Just so Honda can see the light that many of us aren't satisfied with a 450. If the Honda "A" team has a mistake free race and still loses the Baja 1000 to KTM (riding a 650cc bike), maybe then we will get the long rumored CRF600X!

:banana: Go KTM!!! (Just so Honda will make the bike I really want) :banana:

Gotta interject here...

So... if the dealer is telling you what they know, and it's BS from the rep... it's a ..what? A truth?! No... dealers, whether they like you or not... will tell you what will keep you at bay. You think they'll tell you the truth when they know it'll send you to another brand... or even dealer?! Naaaa...

IF the KTM can pull a win at the 1000, it won't be because of the bike alone... it'll be the riders for the most part (as well as their pits..etc). Not the bike... and Honda surely won't change a product line over ONE or even a few lost races.

And who isn't satisfied with their 450Xs?? I surely am!! And I know 99% of the owners on them are. Wait.. I think 100% of the owners are that I know personally. Not sure who you know... but, another wrong statement. The guys hoping for a 600X are the ones who would like to have both a 450X and a low compression 650R in their garage. I surely would... as I have in the past (owned both). But, I'd also move onto a 600X if they made one... with everything we've asked for. It won't happen.. but it's wishful thinking.

KTM had a great showing this past Baja 500... and had issues keeping them from beating Honda. They had the talent... but it's not enough to win the race. Maybe next time.

:ride:

Gotta interject here...

So... if the dealer is telling you what they know, and it's BS from the rep... it's a ..what? A truth?! No... dealers, whether they like you or not... will tell you what will keep you at bay. You think they'll tell you the truth when they know it'll send you to another brand... or even dealer?! Naaaa...

IF the KTM can pull a win at the 1000, it won't be because of the bike alone... it'll be the riders for the most part (as well as their pits..etc). Not the bike... and Honda surely won't change a product line over ONE or even a few lost races.

And who isn't satisfied with their 450Xs?? I surely am!! And I know 99% of the owners on them are. Wait.. I think 100% of the owners are that I know personally. Not sure who you know... but, another wrong statement. The guys hoping for a 600X are the ones who would like to have both a 450X and a low compression 650R in their garage. I surely would... as I have in the past (owned both). But, I'd also move onto a 600X if they made one... with everything we've asked for. It won't happen.. but it's wishful thinking.

KTM had a great showing this past Baja 500... and had issues keeping them from beating Honda. They had the talent... but it's not enough to win the race. Maybe next time.

:ride:

A 600x sounds great, but how many of you can even use all that power.

Have you ever ridden 80-90 on any race course?

Its scary fast (especially with a head wind), and difficult to see ahead.

600x seems like a quicker trip to the air ambulance for some of us.

After just gearing my "x" for some high speed testing (14-48), it seems plenty fast. Granted I am far from pro-caliber, but how fast is too fast?

Why stop with a 600? Why not a 700? V-Twin 750 Transalp?

Bumping the 450 to a near 500 would be ideal to me.

My $.02.

Let me add something- My first line does not apply to JAT.

That 490Xi is a beatiful bike. Already setup as a DS. I'd love that in my garage.

"The guys hoping for a 600X are the ones who would like to have both a 450X and a low compression 650R in their garage."

You betcha. And I'd want it to be a slightly lower compression 3 ring piston. It would be a very reliable desert, trail bike that could also be thrown around in the woods without killing yourself and it could even do some street duty. It would also require a lot less maintainence. Sounds like my ideal dirt bike. Not everyone has competition riding needs. Some of us ride for fun but want something more competent than those other "playbikes" that some would steer us towards.

I guess I just miss my XL600R a little.

159255191-M.jpg

I would agree that I would rather see it be another Japanese bike. But Team Green will never return (DH: the best there ever was). Honda could not win until the accident happened and Kawasaki pulled out.

Hey east, could you be a little more specific about this please. I remember years ago Kawasaki seemed to dominate baja with Larry Rossler then all of a sudden they were no longer racing and Honda was winning. Who was DH and what accident are you referring to?

Thanks