Is Suzuki producing the RM 250 for 08 or not?

I guess thats my question.Honda's done,Kawasaki's done,Yamahas not,what about Suzuki? Thanks in advance

Yes, Suzuki will have an '08 RM250. No word on '09 or beyond, but they do imply that 2008 will be the last year for the RM250.

kawasaki is done with the kx250?

kawasaki is done with the kx250?

yep i just went on there website, no kx 250 for 2008

Just asking opinion ,,will there be a day in the future when these last year 2stroke 250's will be considered collectable (valuable) or atleast worth more than they cost now ? :excuseme:

Just asking opinion ,,will there be a day in the future when these last year 2stroke 250's will be considered collectable (valuable) or atleast worth more than they cost now ? :excuseme:

I think so because u see on them vintage bikes like restored and sold for a crap load of money.....if i had the extra dough i would buy one and never ride it at all and sell it like 20 years from now

It's possible, and if you have the money to buy and store a bike for 15 to 20 years, then go for it. I personally like the looks of the new RM's to really want to try this, but I just can't afford to.

If your really into speculating, I'd be willing to bet that if you can rat hole a bunch of #4 Mikita Suzuki graphic's, you would be able to really cash in.

The big trick is making sure that it ages well, or not at all. OEM plastic on vintage bikes is like gold, so having an extra set will up the value. It just boils down to time and how much you are willing to invest in it.

Did they make the #4 Makita bikes in two strokes or 4 strokes? Also did they make them more than one year? Opinion ,,,,,would one of those be a better investment than a last year regular RM250 if 08 is the end of RM'S?

Just did some searching and they did make Makita Suzuki's in 2's and 4's.Did they make a 2 stroke model in 07 or just 06?

Also suzuki is done with the RM125. :cry:

Only the makita 2 stroke was 06.

I am thinking about getting a final 08 RM125... :crazy:

I am thinking about getting a final 08 RM125... :crazy:

no 125 for 08..... 07 last chance

'07 RM125, believe it was discontinued

08 is the last year for the RM 250.

So all that is left for the 2t is the YZ 250 or KTM. Hopefully Yamaha will stick around and battle the KTM for what is left of the market. Sad to see Honda, Suzuki, and Kawi bow out of the mix.

And KTM just produced an all new electric start 250 and 300. So Suzuki dropping the 250 2 stroke just doesn't makes sense.

But how does this sound: With the RM-250 gone, Suzuki now has the freedom to produce the "perfect" 2 stroke. And in my opinion, that bike would be just as light as my RM-250 (or close to it), have electric starting, just as much peak power as a new RM-250, but with a wider power band and EFI.

They could call it a "RMX-300r". How's that sound?

And with EFI they just might be able to meet emissions for off-road bikes. And with 300cc's, they would have a shot at producing a wide enough powerband to turn the heads on many of the 4 stroke faithful.

Too bad it's just a dream. So I will have to settle for a '08 RM-250 with a big bore kit ~ for now.

no 125 for 08..... 07 last chance

We get 08 RM125's and 08 RM250's down under in New Zealand. I'm hoping they continue with them for years to come. We can now race the 250 two strokes against 250 four strokes and have a seperate class for the 125's. Seems to be a popular decision this year.

08 is the last year for the RM 250.

How sure are you of this? I have heard conflicting reports and some have said they are going to be around for another 2-3 years at least. I would like some confirmation because I would snap up an 08 RM250 if they are not going to be available any longer. Otherwise I'm getting a SX250 this year.

Otherwise I'm getting a SX250 this year.

I don't know if I would do that. Unless the KTM has made some SERIOUS improvements it will not be in the same class as the RM. I think if anyone were lookin at a 2t other than a zuki I would probably suggest the YZ. For the last few years the YZ is the only bike to even contest the late RM. That is just my two cents though. I have an 06 RM250 with about every mod imagineable and I love it, I have thought about getting the 08 that way I could transfer the thousands of dollars worth of parts over to it. Time will tell.

Keene80, I agree that the SX250 has little to draw one away from the RM250.

I will be keeping my current RM250 and adding the SX250. I have my reasons for needing an SX250. If I was only going to own one bike, it would be the RM250. I just need to know that if the 08 is the last RM250 I would buy one to replace my '05. Other wise I will hang onto the '05 longer with the intention of getting another RM250 next year or beyond. I too like the idea of transferring parts from the old RM to the new RM.