yamaha swiched to unicam, are we next?

Anyone else heard of this? My friend just informed me that Yamaha made the switch, do you think Kawasaki will switch too? :eek:

When did yamaha make the switch? the 08's are dual. And does your friend know what a cam is? not to be mean or anything

thanks J_Mad18

The only thing i have heard about even remotely related to that is that Yamaha is going to a 4 valve head with DOHC.They've done it on there streetbikes and rumour has it there Motocross engines will eventually follow.You can't believe everything you hear from morons.

fair enough

That'll be funny if Yamaha comes out with a unicam now!

idnt think that will happen

kawasaki anit goin to come out with the unicam that would be stuipd

woohoo go unicam!! lol naw that will take away the overall purpose of the kawi/suz/yam engines.. i personally love the single cam setup but the duals are good to

I remember back in the day Honda had the CB750, single cam, it was a fast bike back then. Until Kawasaki and Suzuki came out with DOHC,dual over head cam, and that was the end of Honda's reign. Honda has been hung up on the Unicam for a long time

unicams suck

i thought they patent the uni cam?? any one clear that up

turns out that the new trans world motocross meg. made a typo

I thought they patent the uni cam??

Not likely, as there are other uni cam engines besides Honda still being produced.

But in the article is says specs for a 08 yz250f has a unicam and then the next line it says 4 valve duel cam...

Love the unicam, so simple...

Love the unicam, so simple...

very true...not to mention it revs to the moon and puts less stress on the top end... the duals have there pros to

what are the pros to a duel

what are the pros to a duel

Even though Honda has fixed this problem. It has something to do with valve angle and short port flow.

Even though Honda has fixed this problem. It has something to do with valve angle and short port flow.

true, the shorter ports are used to gain more volume, short ones gain more volcity