Flying to Colorado!

Hey guys, I’m flying out to Colorado tomorrow for a week with my family. :p Were flying into Denver getting a car and driving all over. Does anyone know of some cool spots to go? Basically anything would be cool, but I want to find some swimming holes and cliff jumps and what not. Any help you be appreciated thanks guys.

Hey guys, I’m flying out to Colorado tomorrow for a week with my family. :p Were flying into Denver getting a car and driving all over. Does anyone know of some cool spots to go? Basically anything would be cool, but I want to find some swimming holes and cliff jumps and what not. Any help you be appreciated thanks guys.

hmm by swiming holes do you mean lakes? if so there is chatfield which is alright but usually busy, and i dont know where any lake would have clif jumps, thats more utah/ arizona with that kind of stuff

some good clifs at Blue Mesa Res in Gunnison. By the marina

hit up the peaks just took a drive with the family to mt.evans as for lakes chatsfied is cool if u can get a boat have fun in colorado

For cliffs, I agree, Blue Mesa Reservoir by the marina, also a nice cliff is at Devil's Punchbowl between Schofield Pass and Crystal Mill and the scenery is killer. For places to just visit, don't miss the Black Canyon,Telluride,Ouray,Crested Butte,Summit County(Breckenridge, Frisco),Independence Pass, Leadville and the drive through Glenwood Canyon on I 70. There's so much to name, it will take you much longer than a week to see it all...:thumbsup: For something different, there's a tram in Glenwood springs that takes you up to a restaurant on top of a mountain with cave tours, an alpine slide, a large swing that hangs over a 1200ft cliff and live music outside. There's early morning balloon rides in Gypsum and Snowmass. If your not able to see a band at Red Rocks, at least stop by and see the amphitheater, it's amazing and easy to find just outside of Denver. I would also recommend renting an SUV instead of a car, some passes are worth driving over and they are dirt, an example of one thats not to technical but at least need a little ground clearance are from Crested Butte to Paradise Basin to Schofield Pass to Devils Punchbowl(cliff jump) to Crystal Mill to Marble would be worth it, or Kebler Pass outside of Crested Butte to Irwin Lake, but you won't need 4X4 for that one, it can just get washboard bumpy, also, Lake City to Silverton. I'm sure someone else can name some cool places, these are just some of my favorite places to visit.

Have fun and bring bikes or snowmobiles the next time and ask which trails are good to ride...:ride:

Gilkerson,

Nice post, you should be a tour guide. I've lived here 16 years and plan on checking out some of your ideas that I've missed. Thx.